About the role
Join Wealthfront’s growth team as the second product designer.
You’ll work on projects ranging from quick data-driven interaction experiments on Wealthfront’s web and mobile apps to strategic initiatives reshaping Wealthfront’s business model and the experience from discovery through onboarding. Your work will have a large impact on shaping the experience people have as they begin to manage their finances through Wealthfront and will be a key part of our strategy for growing the company. You’ll collaborate with a high-performing cross-functional team with deep expertise in Product, Engineering, Content Strategy, and Marketing. Success in this role requires a healthy balance of excellence in craft, product vision, and scrappy data-driven iteration.
Design at Wealthfront
Designers at Wealthfront are empowered to be innovative, creative and strategic because design is critical to realizing our vision and succeeding as a business. We are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers and data scientists. We’re making big bets, and innovation is encouraged. We embrace failure and care much more about the magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in strategic decisions.
Also, we’re a remote friendly team and open to candidates from both the US and Canada.
- Support projects across the product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to shipping
- Partner with product managers and engineers to make product and design decisions and clearly articulate trade-offs
- Collaborate with broader design team to share feedback and elevate overall product quality
- Collaborate with research teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses and refine user experience decisions
- Experience in a product design role in consumer tech
- Experience working across the product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- Ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end
- Experience with using data to inform design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Visual communications, visual interaction, marketing, or animation experience a plus
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.