Product Marketing Manager
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, California, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
You will take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, legal, product management, engineering and more. You are equally at home building compelling product narratives as you are going head-to-head with industry influentials and analysts. You have the ability to analyze and diagnose complex technical and business challenges, formulate out of the box solutions, and influence engineering in product roadmap and investment areas.
You have and will continue to build a strong technical aptitude, leadership skills, and business acumen. You must be able to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- Lead cross-functional projects with product and engineering partners to understand and shape new products to align to the markets they seek to address
- Lead cross-functional projects with sales and marketing partners to integrate new products and features into the go-to-market approach and drive adoption
- Lead the definition of key messages/narrative/positioning
- Build the branding/packaging/pricing strategy
- Development of assets/training/enablement to support new product launches
- Drive awareness of Weedmaps Product Suite in the market and engage with key influencers
- Manage, lead, grow a team of marketers responsible for Go To Market strategy of the Weedmaps product portfolio.
- Own the Go To Market plan. Define business goals, audiences, buyer’s journey, strategy, positioning, messaging, key tactics, budget, and dependencies, and then drive cross-functional consensus and enlistment to deliver business results
- Build the team. Be involved in the hiring across sales, product and marketing functions to realize the shared goals of the marketing plan. Ensure the plan is executed
- Provide our direct sales functions with the tools and insights required for success starting with a deep respect for customers and the sales process. Ensure that our sales teams have the evidence they need to secure agreements
- Build world-class, inspiring technology showcase assets that excite customers and drive awareness of the Weedmaps Platform in the market and engage with key influencers
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop industry leading product demonstrations for major events, including executive keynotes
- Serve as the internal champion for the Weedmaps product suite, by creating technology showcases for Weedmaps Cloud Platform
- Ensure success; guide creation of materials for market education, sales acceleration and thought leadership. Work closely with writers, marketing programs managers, brand strategists and technical marketing to ensure materials are relevant and advance our conversation with the market
- Identify, develop and/or manage the creation of a variety of content types – written, videos, presentations, etc. – as needed to fuel sales and marketing success
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in product marketing, product management or related field
- 5 years of marketing programs experience. Experience with demand generation and enablement functions
- Experience building creative assets and marketing content
- MBA degree
- Experience driving product marketing for a technology product launch. Interest in cloud technologies and consumer/social software tech
- Understanding of the enterprise software development, implementation, sales and deployment cycles
- Proven track record of building, leading and developing high performing teams
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills and aggressive attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams of varying sizes in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Strong executive presence and comfort working with executive stakeholders to gather inputs, develop a point-of-view and action plan, secure cross-functional buy-in and drive execution
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Motion Graphic Designer
foodora Germany, Berlin, Bonn, Bremen, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Karlsruhe, Köln, Leipzig, Nürnberg, Mainz, Mannheim, München, Münster, Stuttgart, Wien, Wiesbaden
Programmatic Operations Manager
Teads, New York
Director of Content Marketing (S.F.)
Weedmaps, San Francisco, California, United States
Product Marketing Manager
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States