Senior Product Manager - Platform (Technical)
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Product Management at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our goal of being the hub of all things cannabis. In this role, you’ll work with various teams across design, data, engineering, marketing and sales to help ship our products by employing careful listening, decision making, and leadership.
In this critical role, you will be the business owner of the Weedmaps Platform Services, working with your peers and senior management to influence, guide, build and grow an exciting foundation of data that enables Weedmaps' feature teams to deliver value that can scale.
You will define, ideate, research, prototype, and lead the product roadmap for shared micro services across the Weedmaps product portfolio. You will improve the ease of understanding, flexibility, and customer value for our existing APIs, and analyze data to measure and enhance our data availability and connectivity to develop new services that can support the long term product roadmap.
You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You will be tightly connecting with the architecture and engineering teams, and have a very strong understanding of Weedmaps’ clients (internal and external) and other market representatives to understand their needs, and to define innovative solutions.
- Maintain and prioritize an agile product roadmap and backlog for Engineering and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified.
- Monitor adoption, usage and revenue impact of new services and enhancements and report on release impact as necessary.
- Collaborate with product, program and engineering leaders across the organization to guide the platform roadmap pinpointing new requirements, features, and policies.
- Oversee enterprise-level product planning including identifying new opportunities as well as maintaining a rolling roadmap of business projects or technology initiatives.
- Serve as a catalyst for cross-functional teams to adopt innovative ideas and strategies around best practices that enhance the core platform.
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally
- Own the relationship between platform services and platform consumers (apps, integrators, etc.)
- Define and maintain a product roadmap with inputs from all stakeholders
- Strive to deliver high-quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly.
- BSc. or Bachelor Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Advanced technical degree or MBA a strong plus
- 5 yrs experience in large-scale production experience in a leadership capacity, with 2 years experience building shared data services (API or other)
- 3+ years of experience managing projects and writing technical specifications
- A strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience (e.g. experience as a tech director, lead programmer, or similar)
- Ability to think strategically with the capacity to expand customer use cases into platform-wide requirements
- Able to facilitate decision-making conversations about creating, managing and maintaining shared services.
- Demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams and competent in analytical skills.
- Experience with product development lifecycle and market and strong understanding of all actors, including customers, software clients, markets, technologies, competition, industry trends, etc.
- Experience analyzing data to inform timely decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Consumer Experience
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Product Manager (Learning experience)
Part Time Product Management Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
Product Management Intern - Extreme Blue (Graduate Student)
IBM, Austin (TX) and Research Triangle Park (NC)
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
App Review Specialist
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL