Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Weedmaps is seeking a Project Manager to drive strategic cross-functional projects affecting multiple teams across the business. The ideal candidate is someone who has managed and built strong cross-functional relationships and is a strong communicator. This is an internal facing role that will take ownership to drive projects while ensuring that all the stakeholders are involved and aligned throughout the process. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
- Manage special projects with large scale activities that span multiple departments and business partners
- Lead projects by facilitating communication, coordination, planning, and execution across departments and business partners
- Ensure project roles and responsibilities are clear, and ensure alignment across departments and initiatives
- Coordinate with key partners (Business Development, Sales, Finance, etc.) to support new projects
- Effectively influence leaders and key partners to gain alignment
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners to troubleshoot project planning issues
- Manage project meetings, schedules, milestones and delivery
- Prepare project correspondence and presentations, as needed, for status reports, executive updates, meetings, annual planning, etc.
- Work with teams to measure the impact of projects and ensure scalable solutions within a growing company
- B.A. or B.S. degree with 5+ years of experience in project management or similar field
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with project management and strategic planning
- Experience lobbying for and winning resources to tackle new problems
- Experience working in a high growth company.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.