Senior Product Manager - Content
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Product Management at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our goal of being the hub of all things cannabis. In this role, you’ll work with various teams across design, data, engineering, marketing and sales to help ship our products by employing careful listening, decision making, and leadership.
Weedmaps is looking for an experienced Product Manager for our content, media products, and features across the Weedmaps product portfolio. As Product Manager - Content, you will lead the strategy, ideation and delivery of digital content and media products and be responsible for delivering on-spec, on-time, and on-budget. You have a growth mindset and leverage a balance of quantitative and qualitative data to make informed decisions. You should have experience with agile software development process and very strong knowledge of content strategy, management, UX design, integration, syndication, and production. This role will work closely with team members from our Product, Analytics, Design, Sales, Editorial, Marketing and Social teams.
- Join a team of product leaders that manage the Weedmaps Product, with direct responsibility over content and media-rich products and features with a focus on growing user retention
- Maintain and prioritize a product roadmap and backlog of work, and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified
- Lead and manage the efforts of a cross-functional team with a shared vision and active product ownership
- Monitor adoption, usage and impact of new features and content initiatives, and report on release impact as necessary using supporting data and analysis
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial, engineering and other product leaders across the organization to craft new content features, integrations, and experiences
- Regularly review and re-evaluate competitive landscape comparing features, pricing, design and overall competitiveness of your roadmap
- Analyze potential partner relationships for existing products and new offerings
- Establish KPIs for existing and new features and work with our data team to track business results
- Focus on retaining our users Manage and grow the content distribution and experience outside of Weedmaps
- Actively manage and monitor SEO quality and content availability of all content channels
- Conduct and lead kick-off and status meetings with executive stakeholders and product development teams
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes to allow for smooth execution of projects and improved efficiency across departments and project team members
- Cultivate and demonstrate an interest and awareness of trends and best practices as related to technology, product and market
- Integration of content into the user lifecycle to promote conversion, retention, and sharing
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a Product Manager; experience working on consumer applications and engaging directly with consumers of those applications
- Strong grasp of digital publishing workflows, as well as processes, tools, roles, and technologies
- 2+ years of experience using a modern CMS.
- Experience managing the development or sourcing of CMS solutions
- You have a growth mentality and are focused on new opportunities to scale content reach and acquire new users
- Understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including customer research, requirements definition, prioritization, and launch process
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of web development process, user experience design, sales process, and marketing
- Examples of shipped features from ideation to launch to measurement in an agile product development environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience writing product requirement documentation for software applications
- Previous experience in end-to-end product lifecycle (concept through deployment and maintenance) is required
- Technical and business confidence to assert and/or defend positions regarding definition and priority of features
- Previous experience in consumer facing products and/or developer tools. Nice to have: experience related to artificial intelligence and voice services
- Experience analyzing data to inform timely decisions
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Trendyol, Istanbul / Maslak
Senior Product Manager - Data Monetization
Technical Product Owner
Everwise, New York, NY
Tech Ops Specialist, Production Ops - Singapore
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany