Senior Android Engineer
Weedmaps, Tucson, Arizona, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Weedmaps is looking for highly motivated and experienced Android Engineers to grow our Mobile team. Here at Weedmaps, it is our responsibility to deliver the highest in quality code and experience to meet the needs of a rapidly growing ecosystem. Over the last several years we've seen a correlation in the proliferation of cannabis and mobile device usage in a way that has made mobile development the future and focal point of our end user experiences. We are looking for mobile engineers who are passionate about growing technology ecosystem for our industry as well as their careers.
- Build our Android platform (Phone, Tablet, Wearable)
- Remain current on industry changes, and keep us at the forefront of technological trends
- Contribute to and mature out client server architecture
- Collaborate and contribute in agile ceremonies
- Support the other Android Engineers as a pair programmer
- Define user stories/functional specs with stakeholders
- Keeping well organized and articulated documentation
- Act as mentor, partner and inspiration for the mobile development team
- Collaborate with iOS and back-end teams on a regular basis
Qualifications and/or Education:
- BA or BS preferred
- Master’s Degree a +
- Firm understanding of Standard GitFlow
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years in Android application development.
- A minimum of 2 years with native Java
- Multithreaded Networking Solutions
- Android Testing Frameworks Robolectric and/or Espresso.
- Strong understanding of Android Material Design
- Android Studio (At least 1 year)
- Gradle (At least 1 year)
- Understanding of Dependency Injection
- Experience in an Agile/XP development environment
- Familiarity with analytics/data driven decision approach
- 2+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Android test automation and CI frameworks
- Experience with RxAndroid
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
NetSuite Software Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Technical Lead (TDD, OOP, SOLID, CI/CD, Agile, Various Languages)
Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Collaborative Editing team
Sr. Software Engineer (Rails/React)
thredUP, Vernon Hills, IL