Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
- Evaluate and drive IT corporate strategy
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a wide range of verticals within the IT Department: IT Support, Help Desk, Facilities, and System/Network Administration
- Act as the vendor point of contact, negotiate contracts with third-party vendors and optimize costs of service
- Scale the department as the company quickly grows while being highly cognizant of budget
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to develop a comprehensive IT governance and security program; implement the devised security program
- Develop and lead a high performing and metrics driven IT department with comprehensive reporting
- A minimum of 15 years in IT with at least 5 years as a manager or director in a large technology organization
- Prior experience managing a team of IT Support Specialists, Facilities, Network Engineers, and System Administrators
- Experience implementing and managing scalable cloud based infrastructure
- Experience with network and information security program design and implementation
- Experience with software and hardware licensing and inventory management
- Experience supporting an organization with multiple locations, nationally and abroad
- Experience forecasting and budgeting for scaling organizations
- Passion for the IT field with an insatiable hunger to learn and implement the latest-and-greatest technologies that align with business goals
- Strong people management and collaboration skills in a distributed office/organization structure; superb written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable success as a leader with an ability to influence and engage stakeholders while executing on business objectives
- Successful record of building an IT department from the ground up and guiding a fast-growing company from startup to enterprise-level functionality
- Cutting edge enterprise SaaS solution domain expertise
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Operations Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Fullstack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Packaging Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Developer Acceleration - Mobile Tooling Developer
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Wish, San Francisco, United States