Senior Associate, Government Relations
Weedmaps, New York, New York, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Weedmaps is looking for a dynamic, bright and experienced full-time Senior Associate to join our Government Relations team. Primary duties of this position include tracking legislative and regulatory activity in targeted states, working with Weedmaps Government Relations team to develop data analysis and organize written products to support the company’s advocacy initiatives. Exceptional writing, project management, data analysis and interpersonal skills are desired. The Weedmaps Government Relations team puts a strong emphasis on project management skills and the achievement of measurable KPI’s in our engagement campaigns; accordingly, experience with project management and campaign organization is a plus.
- Assist Vice President of Government Relations and Regional Directors with:
- The tracking of state and local legislation and tracking and coordination of local lobbyist assets
- Coordinating industry coalition partners
- Steering grassroots advocacy efforts
- Developing factsheets, ordinances, and legislation
- Taking meetings with State and local officials
- Organizing data to support Weedmaps federal, state and local initiatives
- Travel to different regions and jurisdictions as needed for campaigns and other Government Relations related events
- 4-year bachelor degree required; Masters degree or Juris Doctor degree a plus
- At least 3 years of tracking state, local legislative and regulatory processes and/or substantive drafting of policy papers or legislation
- Strong research and writing skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong project management experience preferred; Experience using JIRA, trello, basecamp or other project management platform strongly preferred
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize many tasks, organize complex projects and communicate effectively
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Fundamental understanding of federal, state and local government structures and legislative processes
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Manager Marketing Planning & Analysis - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Risk Operations Associate
Oscar, New York
Production Risk and Insurance Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
Red Ventures, South Charlotte