Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
As a Senior DevOps Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our products in meaningful ways. We cover an array of users from business owners to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those segments using cutting-edge technologies and processes. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
- All standard systems administration tasks, such as: proactive performance tuning, load testing, monitoring and profiling, troubleshooting, back-up and recovery, installations, capacity planning, and configurations on an as needed basis as well as applying patches and performing upgrades
- Manage Development, Test, QA, and Production environments and implement future enhancements to meet business needs
- Assist in overall architecture and infrastructure design
- Proactively manage and implement network security and keep abreast of current security best practices
- Collaborate with technical writers to provide documentation and other materials to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance
- Work as part of the Engineering teams 24x7 on-call shift rotation to troubleshoot production, performance issues, including off-hour maintenance as required
- Provide strong project management skills
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a Linux System Administrator/DevOps in a mission critical environment (DataCenter including 24x7 operations)
- Strong experience working with systems deployed on AWS infrastructure (all facets, including Autoscaling, VPCs, Container Management, RDS and SQS implementations)
- Intimate knowledge of Linux or Linux-like systems administration, performance and filesystem tuning
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience related to high availability web architecture and technology including Nginx, Unicorn, Rails, PHP and Node.js applications, and best practices knowledge with setup and deployment of Cluster Database technologies using Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache and Redis.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience related to mission-critical backup and recovery
- Strong ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Ruby, or Shell)
- Proven ability to work well in a crisis and under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Programming background in modern OO language
- Experience managing system configuration with Chef and Ansible
- Experience with: Ansible, Chef, Consul, Docker, Docker Schedulers, Terraform, Vault, Continuous Integration/Deployment
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.