Senior Front End Engineer
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
- Minimum 5 years of development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Professional experience with modern JS libraries and tooling e.g. React, Webpack, etc.
- Expertise in building responsive user-interfaces
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Expert knowledge of modern browser technologies, cross-browser compatibility issues, and client-side performance considerations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build new and iterate on existing features
- Help optimize legacy code for improved performance
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Passionate about improving processes and developer productivity
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
- Experience implementing localization and accessibility standards
- Experience writing performant REST API’s or GraphQL
- Deep understanding of the GitFlow branching strategy
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Computer science or other engineering background
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Mobile
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Privacy Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Messaging
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Staff Software Engineer - Anti Evil
Reddit, San Francisco