Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails)
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, California, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
As a Senior Software Engineer working on the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our growing set of products in meaningful ways. Our customers cover all segments of the cannabis industry from growers to dispensaries to consumers. By employing cutting edge design and technology, we strive to deliver excellent experiences to all of these users. As a major player in this emerging industry, we are helping to define the market landscape. We invite you to join in that effort while continuing to develop in your own area of expertise.
Top reasons to join our team:
- Leader in the industry
- Great pay and benefits
- Supportive culture of excellence
- Cutting edge design and technology deployed at scale
- Extensive experience with Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL
- Minimum 5 years software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Ability to thrive in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Fluency using Git and GitHub in a team environment
- Familiarity with frontend concerns (DOM, HTML5/CSS3)
- Take ownership of significant features, driving them from development to production
- Collaborate closely with multiple teams including Frontend, Design, QA, Product, and Operations
- Mentor and pair with junior developers
- Proactively monitor applications using tools such as New Relic, Logstash, and Kibana
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence at a rapidly growing company
- Experience with multiple Ruby runtimes (MRI, JRuby, Rubinius)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Experience with distributed systems and message buses such as RabbitMQ
- Positive disposition toward cannabis use and cannabis culture
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Systems Developer Lead
Senior Software Engineer - Privacy
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Twitch, San Francisco, California
Product Operations Software Engineer (DevOps / SRE)
Schoology, NYC HQ
IT Support Analyst
Senior Security Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA