Software Engineer (NodeJS)
Weedmaps, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
As a Software Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our products in meaningful ways. We cover an array of users from growers to dispensaries to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those segments using cutting edge design and implementation practices. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
- Take ownership of significant features and drive them from development to production
- Collaborate closely with Design, QA, Product and fellow developers
- Cultivate sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
- Experience developing Node.JS applications
- Love taking on the challenge of learning new technologies
- Experience in Software Development at a Startup and/or Mid-sized company (Ideally five or more years)
- Self-starter attitude with a disciplined work ethic
- Experience with Meteor
- Experience with other server side frameworks and libraries
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB, Elasticssearch, and Redis
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL, PostGres or SQL Server
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- Be part of a high performing passionate team
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Great RRSP package with company matching contributions
- Enjoy the luxury of flex hours and ability to freely work from home
- Onsite gym
- Hack nights
- Catered lunches and well-stocked fridges/pantries
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
I Can't Attend Dinner with Kenzan, but I'm Interested in Opportunities
Kenzan, Pawtucket, RI
Snap Inc., Toronto, ON
Distributed Systems Architect
ThoughtWorks, New York
Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Senior Monitoring DevOps Engineer
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA