Director of Content Marketing (S.F.)
Weedmaps, San Francisco, California, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
As our Director of Content Marketing, you will be responsible for Weedmaps overall content strategy, execution, and syndication. You'll develop a comprehensive content strategy to drive awareness and build our brand among both educators and students in higher education and create highly compelling content to establish Weedmaps as a leader in the cannabis industry. You will accomplish this by leveraging our existing Weedmaps properties, creating entirely new content to drive leads and user awareness, assets, or a combination of both. You'll hire and manage (internal and external) writers, producers, and content agencies, to create rich content to reach key business objectives. To achieve your goals You'll collaborate cross-functionally with other business leaders throughout our Marketing, Product, and G&A organizations.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform.
In this role, you'll be involved with producing all content from beginning to end.
- You'll create and lead our content development and syndication strategy. This includes owning the budget, and managing our content platform, in terms of structure, aesthetics, and tools.
- On a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, You'll manage our content flow, to ensure that both deadlines and high-quality standards are met.
- You'll hire and manage the in-house content team to scale content production. You'll also continue to grow and manage our freelance writers and other 3rd party agencies to address Weedmaps content needs.
- You'll ensure our content is on-brand. You'll edit for consistency in tone, comply with SEO best practices, and collaborate with Design to create assets that bring our content to life.
- You'll contribute editorial content for the Weedmaps Blog and external publications.
- You'll conduct and publish education industry research reports.
- You'll also interview our key customers, partners, and influencers as well as industry experts, to source content and develop stories that truly engage our readers.
- You have 10+ years experience in a content marketing or editorial role, either at a media organization or content team in a consumer-facing company.
- You have a proven track record of building content strategy and content organizations to accomplish business goals.
- You're a seasoned leader, while also being a team player. You have solid experience in hiring and leading a team to deliver upon high-quality standards, though you expect to roll up your sleeves and be involved in the process, as well.
- You have a demonstrated passion for the cannabis space. Additionally, You're motivated to build a mission-aligned, innovative media brand.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have meticulous attention to detail and top-notch spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- You have expertise in these strategic areas: content creation (including video and social), scaling and distribution, content marketing, building a loyal audience, partnerships, SEO, and engaging target audience members.
- You're familiar with WordPress.
- You're analytical. You value data insights just as strongly as journalistic standards, and you understand how to leverage data and engagement tools to evaluate audience health and growth, as well as content performance.
- You're an entrepreneurial spirit and an exceptional problem solver. You're thoughtful, but with a bias towards action; you won't suffer from analysis paralysis.
- You have (at least) a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism, or another applicable field.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
Digital Marketing Specialist
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Coordinator, Social Media - Brazil
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Manager, Social Impact
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Program Manager (SCM Innovation)
Footwear Merchandising Manager, EMEA
Brooks Running, The Netherlands, Amsterdam