Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
To assist our legal team, we are looking for two Legal Interns to help with a wide range of legal and government relations matters. Our legal department takes an active role in guiding the direction and structure of our strategic and commercial arrangements and government outreach. Accordingly, we are seeking two highly motivated, self-starters with good business judgment who enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment. In these challenging positions, you will report to our Assistant General Counsel and work closely with our General Counsel. Simply put, we are seeking motivated attorneys-in-training to help a rapidly growing company execute its business plan.
- Review regulatory and legal developments which impact our company or our customers
- Review various commercial and licensing agreements
- Assist with complex M&A, joint venture, financing and other similar transactions
- Assist with corporate structuring and governance matters
- Assist with intellectual property matters (including IP protection matters)
Your Skills and Qualifications
- In process of completing 1L or 2L year at a top law school with phenomenal academic standing
- Can effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters
- Interest in government relations and legislative process
- Interest in M&A and financing transactions
- Interest in intellectual property and technology agreements
- Interest in complex transactions a plus
- Passion for startups and technology
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free onsite gym
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.