Senior QA Engineer
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for performing tests to isolate and solve software product issues. This person will collaborate extensively with product management and developers to understand, scope out, and execute tests. S/he will plan, initiate tests, analyze results, and communicate technical problems accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Identify test requirements from specifications & develop QA test plans
- Execute, document, and evaluate test cases and report test results
- Facilitate test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Acquire SME knowledge & expertise and mentor supporting team members
- Act as a liaison with development, program management, and customer support
- Understand the technical layout of product and support deployment team thru to delivery
- Involved in automation efforts and take ownership of automation of test cases for your teams regression and smoke tests.
Qualifications and/or Education:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 7+ years in software testing in a web or GUI environment
- 3+ years of automation and CI/CD experience
Skills and/or Experience:
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software testing
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to adapt, plan, and organize in a constantly changing environment
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized and detail oriented
- Experience with bug tracking and working in bug tracking systems like Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Core Data
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Staff Software Engineer - Anti Evil
Reddit, San Francisco
Sr. Software Dev Eng in Test
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Information Security Engineer
Snap Inc., Switzerland
Distributed Systems Architect
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Cloud Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA