Senior Product Designer
Weedmaps, Irvine, California, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
The Senior Product Designer will build inspiring and intuitive mobile web products and features. This role will work closely with the creative director, product owners, designers, and engineers to see these products and features through from concept to implementation. This role will create compelling user experiences and will have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
This position will create user flows, wireframes, pixel perfect comps, interactive prototypes, and knows how to best use these tools to properly communicate their vision. Must thrive in a highly collaborative and agile product environment and be skilled at selling and defending work while professionally responding to feedback. This is a full-time position located in our Irvine office.
- Designs and iterates on UX driven interfaces and interactions for desktop, web, and mobile devices
- Contributes to the brand visual language and user experience as an ongoing creative endeavor through the honing of our brand digital guidelines, growth of our UI library, and holistic site experience development.
- Collaborates with product owner, creative director, engineers, and scrum master to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions.
- Works collaboratively within product teams on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces and interactions, visual designs, prototypes, and testing
- Pair with front-end developers to ensure designs are executed correctly
- Participates in team reviews/critiques at various stages of the product lifecycle
- A strong portfolio showcasing UX/UI work on mobile and web projects
- Acts as a leader and takes charge of team’s management, growth and success.
- Well versed in UX/UI best practices and conventions for responsive design
- Thorough understanding of grid-based layouts and UI frameworks
- Ability to participate in user research and testing and ability to distil findings into actionable design problems
- Proficiency with design software (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator) and strong visual design skills
- Proficiency with prototyping software (e.g. Principle, Invision, After Effects)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Willingness to ask good questions for input, and defend design decisions
- Passion for the cannabis movement & community
- 4+ years of experience solving enterprise level product design problems
- Portfolio showcasing user-centered design skills including user flows, wireframes, and pixel perfect comps
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Senior Product Manager, Consumer Products
BuzzFeed, New York
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Director, Product Management - Content Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Product Manager - Platform
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Director of Product Design - Membership
Netflix, Los Gatos, California