Operations Director, Marketing
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Find medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and deliveries and marijuana doctors
Weedmaps’ Marketing team is looking for a dynamic, highly-driven and experienced full-time Operations Director who can build, manage and maintain cross-organizational end-to-end processes for marketing initiatives as they progress from submission for leadership approval and prioritization to execution by the marketing team and other internal teams (e.g. creation of creative brief, copywriting, design, creative routing, and release of design files). The ideal candidate will have experience in consulting or project management and excels at designing process workflows, driving team execution and striving to use data to optimize operations and analyze results of marketing efforts. S/he has a passion for producing high-quality work, is comfortable with ambiguity, has strong attention to detail, and is motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. S/he works effectively in a highly collaborative environment, makes decisions and finds solutions quickly and is able to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources across multiple projects.
Primary duties of this position include:
- Helping enable the mission of the Weedmaps Marketing team to quickly roll out campaigns and develop innovative ways to deliver messages and target new demographics.
- Provide exceptional organization and project management experience across all marketing verticals and serve as the point person for ensuring cross-departmental execution with other departments such as Sales, Operations and Marketing.
- Helping our CMO more effectively measure results and outcome on marketing effort and track progress against quarterly and annual OKR’s.
- Develop processes for easy and transparent reporting of project status and campaign outcomes to the marketing team and senior stakeholders
- Spearheading efforts to develop better methods for tracking user engagement and campaign achievement of KPI’s across jurisdictions.
- Serving as the primary driver for the evolution of project management, reporting, OKR tracking and efficiency improvements within the department.
- Report to and assist the Chief Marketing Officer with:
- Managing and overseeing project managers and directors across projects to ensure timelines are met and management receives reporting updates
- Developing efficient meeting cadence and processes for ensuring tasks are completed
- Developing innovative solutions for monitoring changes in industry landscape
- Explore the development of custom software or customized use of JIRA, pivotal or other tools to aid more efficiency in task management
- Act as the coordinator and liaison to the Operations Department and across sales, marketing, product, and other internal departments from cross-departmental efforts
- Develop of training materials in process and systems for the department
- Set and meet measurable objectives and departmental KPI’s/OKR’s and manage internal staff on goal delivery
- BA/BS required; Masters, MBA or related degree preferred
- At least 5 years of strong experience in program or project management, management consulting or business process optimization
- Strong presentation and writing skills, and strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint) and G suite
- Experience with project management practices, campaign organization and use of PM tools such as JIRA, Trello or Pivotal preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and/or developing reporting packages and visualization tools a plus
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize many tasks and communicate effectively
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- A self-starting, metrics-driven mentality with the ability to work autonomously
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors, and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Weedmaps is the world's first marijuana technology and media brand.
Founded in 2008 by Justin Hartfield and Doug Francis, Weedmaps is now a global brand with offices in Irvine, Denver, Toronto, and Barcelona.
Want to learn more about Weedmaps? Visit http://weedmaps.com
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Management, Paper
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
CRM Supplier Marketing Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
On Site SEO Content Writer
Shopify, Berlin, Germany
Senior Manager, Partner Marketing
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Production Designer - Marketing Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Manager Creative Marketing International Originals - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands