WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for witty, clever and experienced software engineers with a great sense of humor who have a knack for building things that are awesome. Our team is rapidly expanding as our transaction volume has more than tripled year-over-year and we are launching a number of crucial projects. Join now and make an immediate impact!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience
- Be able to take complete ownership over a bug, feature, or entire project and drive it to completion. We have to trust that each of our team members can work independently because we hate micro-managing
- Be open-minded, flexible, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems. The payments industry can be baffling at times, so we value people who can persevere and continue to make progress with a positive attitude
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge or Experience with Java, Python or Scala
- Back-end expertise with RDBMS and NOSQL databases, messaging and queuing systems, batch and scheduled tasks
- Restful API design and implementation
- Building highly available and distributed systems
- Big Data experience including Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Machine Learning and Modelling
- Experience in Risk and Fraud Detection
- Experience in payments and PCI compliance
- Expertise in Security
- Leadership experience
- Prior open source experience, we love open source!
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
- Online Code Challenge
- Phone Screen with Recruiter
- Technical Phone Interview with an Engineer
- On-Site Interview
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay helps online platforms increase revenue through integrated payments processing under their own name. The company has uniquely enabled more than 1,000 platforms including Constant Contact, GoFundMe, and Meetup to incorporate payments without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure.
We're a well-funded and fast growing organization that has been named to the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists as one of the fastest growing private US companies. We are proud to have cultivated an open, supportive culture that cares deeply about customers and employees. It’s for this reason that we’re recognized as one of the area’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We provide the usual perks (free lunch every day, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
Check out our engineering blog: wecode.wepay.com
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About us WePay helps online platforms increase revenue through integrated payments processing under their own name. The company has uniquely enabled more than 1,000 platforms including Constant Contact, GoFundMe, and Meetup to incorporate payments without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. In a mobile world, WePay’s integrations with Apple Pay and Android Pay for the Web help ensure high transaction conversions, while the company’s mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution allows platforms to seamlessly handle in-person payments in addition to online payments. WePay also offers a wide range of add-ons to support platforms’ specific needs. WePay has earned Inc. 500 recognition as one of the fastest growing private US companies. It has also earned recognition on multiple Best Places to Work lists.