The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities and driving sales within their assigned account portfolio. The candidate will serve as the primary business leader ensuring retention, growth and partner success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Demonstrate implicit understanding for what is necessary to create value for both partner relationships and their customers.
- Position partner alignment with your approach to both strategy and execution.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive partner strategy that fully capitalizes on the business opportunity with your partners.
- Deliver new innovative solutions and drive an increase in new merchant/customer acquisition and processing volume.
- Tightly integrate partner strategy with other teams including marketing, sales, product, and finance.
- Move quickly to advance from idea to action. Effectively coordinate the implementation of partner activities required to launch with new products, including project development, program management, partner readiness and roadmap development for new solutions.
- Develop scalable partner processes and procedures that support operational efficiency and meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, while achieving organizational goals.
- Formal updates and reporting on partner status, overall pipeline, and any potential lost revenue risks due to competitive threats, technology limitations or feature requests to Senior Management.
- Demonstrate value of the partnerships by delivering results, including new merchant/customer acquisitions and processing volume.
- Lead multiple opportunities concurrently (although typically in different stages) in a manner that will identify and move to close new business opportunities.
- Executes effectively the pipeline forecasting and commitment to integrate or contract closure with a high degree of accuracy through time to revenue.
- Negotiate new agreements and amendments with existing partners as related to any new opportunities or renewals.
- Consistently deliver against revenue plan.
WHAT YOU BRING:
Candidate must have some working knowledge of payments, enterprise b2b software industry, online commerce and /or technology in order to be effective in this space.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Candidate must have experience developing forecasts, and managing to them.
- Conduct thorough plans and deal analysis including learnings, ROI, etc.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Collaborate cross functionally throughout the organization to ensure alignment on partner projects, status reporting and prompt escalation of high-risk issues.
- Responsible for coaching, training, motivating team members, foster knowledge sharing & innovation.
- 5+ years key partner account management experience in the B2B Industry, payments industry or enterprise software space.
- Solid understanding of the key business drivers, as well as platform dynamics in the marketplaces, crowdfunding and business tool verticals.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Ability to prioritize amongst opportunities and tasks that add the highest value.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of Senior Management and external executives.
- Superior written and verbal communications, to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Timely decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills essential.
- Bachelor's degree.
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley “Best Places to Work” lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
You can find more information at wepay.com.
To all recruitment agencies WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About us WePay helps online platforms increase revenue through integrated payments processing under their own name. The company has uniquely enabled more than 1,000 platforms including Constant Contact, GoFundMe, and Meetup to incorporate payments without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. In a mobile world, WePay’s integrations with Apple Pay and Android Pay for the Web help ensure high transaction conversions, while the company’s mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution allows platforms to seamlessly handle in-person payments in addition to online payments. WePay also offers a wide range of add-ons to support platforms’ specific needs. WePay has earned Inc. 500 recognition as one of the fastest growing private US companies. It has also earned recognition on multiple Best Places to Work lists.
Want to learn more about WePay? Visit WePay's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.