This role is focused on raising the bar for software quality of WePay’s service-oriented architecture. Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience in building test frameworks, continuous delivery tools, and getting hands-on with development lifecycle. Taking part in solving some of the most difficult technical problems while creating plans of action to drive changes
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- End-to-end ownership of the testing processes & frameworks for our service-oriented architecture
- Work directly with team leadership to define and maintain the roadmap for quality projects
- Take initiative about improving overall developer experience when interfacing with testing tools.
- Write quality, maintainable code in Java and Python.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in industry as an engineer in test on mission-critical systems, billing systems, marketplaces, or other relevant experience
- Strong background in the design tradeoffs of distributed systems
- Experience with continuous performance and stress testing modern microservice based infrastructure.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases / concepts (MySQL), as well as NoSQL technologies (Redis / Hadoop / Hive / Pig..etc )
- Deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
- Online Code Challenge
- Phone Screen with Recruiter
- Technical Phone Interview with an Engineer
- On-Site Interview
WHO IS WEPAY
WePay, a Chase company, is the payments partner to the platform economy. It has uniquely enabled Constant Contact, GoFundMe, Meetup, and more than 1,000 other B2B and B2C platforms to provide integrated payments processing without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. WePay is a two-time honoree on the Inc. 500 fastest-growing private companies list before its December 2017 acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co., and has earned recognition on San Francisco and Silicon Valley "Best Places to Work" lists for an open, supportive culture that focuses on delighting customers and employees and offers all the usual perks (free lunch daily, subsidized gym membership, Responsible Time Off, etc.).
Check out our engineering blog: wecode.wepay.com
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About us WePay helps online platforms increase revenue through integrated payments processing under their own name. The company has uniquely enabled more than 1,000 platforms including Constant Contact, GoFundMe, and Meetup to incorporate payments without compromising on their user experience or taking on risk and regulatory exposure. In a mobile world, WePay’s integrations with Apple Pay and Android Pay for the Web help ensure high transaction conversions, while the company’s mobile point of sale (mPOS) solution allows platforms to seamlessly handle in-person payments in addition to online payments. WePay also offers a wide range of add-ons to support platforms’ specific needs. WePay has earned Inc. 500 recognition as one of the fastest growing private US companies. It has also earned recognition on multiple Best Places to Work lists.
Want to learn more about WePay? Visit WePay's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world