Technical Project Manager
West Elm, Brooklyn, NY
Born in Brooklyn, west elm helps customers express their personal style at home
The west elm digital product team works to progress the overall brand and customer experience through the application of new technologies and progressive digital thinking. We provide leadership, knowledge, and an expertise of the current digital landscape to the entire brand in an effort to solve challenging business problems, identify new revenue-driving digital opportunities and move the brand forward from a digital perspective.
The Technical Project Manager brings value to west elm by leveraging their technical capabilities, strategic thinking, communication skills, and sense of humor to maximize the effectiveness of product teams and increase their ability to efficiently and consistently ship high quality, high impact features.
* Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
* A strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how the digital ecosystem is evolving.
* Ability to work within, and apply, agile development practices like SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
* Strong attention to detail in an effort to give end users an incredible experience.
* Basic technical skills
o Command Line: you know your way around in Linux and the mac terminal.
o Version Control: you have used Git, SVN, or another version control system. You
don't have to be an expert, but you know the basics.
o Databases: you can write queries to find the information you need.
o WebOps: Heroku and AWS are your friends. Creating a CSR is a breeze.
* Exceptional communication skills and social awareness.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Build out project plans for multiple concurrent projects.
* Proactively communicate status and any issues to stakeholders and drive the resolution of those issues with respect to the plan.
* Identify and remove blockers.
* Know the details and complex interactions and distill them into their simplest components.
* Generally, ensure the right level of communication is taking place across stakeholders and owners of interdependent work streams.
* Proactively seek to improve process and optimize for communication and collaboration.
* Take on tasks without clear ownership and ensure that things get done right.
* 5+ years' experience in a product, technical project, or engineering role.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience in software development.
* A thoughtful, transparent, and positive approach to work and colleague interactions.
* A strong desire to continue learning and sharing new ideas in an effort to inspire yourself and the surrounding team.
* Clear thinker and precise communicator in both speaking and writing.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Web Design, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Creative, Management
About West Elm
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
Want to learn more about West Elm? Visit West Elm's website.
The social news and entertainment company.