Team Lead, New Member Development
WeWork, Seoul Seoul Korea, Republic of
Make a life, not just a living.
New Member Development Team Lead
About the role
WeWork is currently seeking a New Member Development Team Lead. This full time position is based in Korea and will report directly to the Director of New Member Development. This individual will be responsible for leading a successful regional New Member Development team, comprised of inbound and outbound senior associates and associates. Our teams are the front lines of the sales process, which is why we need individuals who understand and are passionate about the WeWork mission.
As a successful New Member Development Team Lead, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Oversee and own inbound and outbound outreach efforts for a WeWork region
- Plan and execute the day-to-day responsibilities that best optimize the regional team
- Lead the day-to-day of a high performing regional New Member Development team
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes
- You are an individual contributor: lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- You are the captain of a team and responsible for leading, implementing and executing learned practices from the global inbound and outbound sales teams
- Analyze data to help improve our global sales processes and strategy
- Coordinate with other NMD regional team leads to identify best practices and implement accordingly
- Partner with local sales directors to ensure efforts are aligned and optimized between the teams to hit company goals
- Train and on-board new teammates, and provide guidance and mentorship to the entire team
- You are a creative thinker who looks outside of the box to find solutions to meet growing sales targets
- You have experience in the following: prospecting, cold outreach, inbound sales, and taking a lead through the full sales cycle
- Attend new market meetings to strategize launch efforts with other key stakeholders across PR, Referrals, Acquisition Marketing, Brand and GM’s
- You are the ultimate team member: you will do anything needed to support your regional team, and understand that every role is equally as important to achieve our goals
- Meet weekly with the Director of New Member Development to track team progress and strategize potential improvements
- Send weekly team reports to the Director of New Member Development
- Achieve occupancy goals for all buildings in your region through scheduled tours and desk sales
- Lead sales development of highest priority buildings that address the most complex business challenges
- You know how to positively impact others: responsible for the performance, effort and attitude of yourself and each team member
- Present weekly to the global NMD team on past performance, what the team is working on, and weekly wins
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of sales experience in startups and/or entrepreneurial environments.
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience and knowledge of inbound and outbound sales desirable
- Previous experience of leading or managing teams preferred
- Deep knowledge of automation platforms and CRM, specifically Salesforce
- Demonstrated strong experience in prospecting, developing and closing sales
- Strong analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
- Experience in customer service and relationship building are highly desirable
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth
- Ability to demonstrate strong communications, project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done. You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify needs of customer and create/drive solutions
- High level of empathy and ability to anticipate needs – understanding as much of the importance of what is unsaid
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input. You’re open to new and innovative solutions and are also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
In just 8 years, WeWork has grown into a global community, transforming people's workplaces into beautiful, inspiring environments. And that commitment to building the best workplaces in the world extends to their own employees. WeWork is driven by their mission: Create Your Life's Work.
And that mission is paying off. WeWork's real estate portfolio covers more than 14 million square feet; they have more than 220,000 members and 234 locations (and counting).
If you're ready to change people's lives, take a look at the wide variety of roles they're hiring for.
Be a Better WeWork Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at WeWork when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about WeWork? Visit WeWork's website.
Jobs You May Like
Key Account Manager - Berlin (m/w)
Account Manager Data
Dept, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Atlanta
Bonobos, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Software Engineer - Android (Extensions)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Partner Success Associate
Datto, Norwalk, CT