Who You Are:
You are a self-starter who can communicate effectively, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are a transactions attorney savvy in advertising, influencer marketing, digital content and social media. You can hold your own at the negotiating table and skillfully put together an impeccable contract to close the deal. You have an excellent ability to issue spot, assess risk and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
This role will be based out of Whistle Sports’ headquarters in New York and reports to our Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
Primary Job Description:
Our legal practice includes all aspects of branded content deals, intellectual property licensing, sports marketing and advertising, original programming, talent agreements, pre-publication review of content and regulatory compliance. As Legal Counsel, you will:
- Draft and negotiate advertising and sponsorship agreements, services agreements, licensing agreements, production agreements, talent agreements and vendor agreements.
- Counsel social media, talent and production teams on branded content campaigns and original programming from ideation through execution.
- Identify, assess and inform management and business managers of legal and business risks, and recommend creative solutions.
- Have a practical, solutions-oriented approach when counseling internal stakeholders.
- Review campaigns and content for regulatory compliance (e.g. FTC, COPPA) and rights clearance.
- Assist with the Legal & Business Affairs team’s efforts to develop and refine forms, processes and procedures.
- Provide support for the Legal & Business Affairs team where needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- JD degree, preferably from a top tier law school.
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York state bar.
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior experience, ideally gained at a nationally-recognized law; in-house experience also preferred
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements required.
- Substantial understanding of intellectual property law and relevant federal and state consumer protection laws and regulations, with a strong desire to learn new areas of the law.
- Deep knowledge of advertising and entertainment industries and related transactions.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, collegial and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and accommodate tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment; flexibility or long hours, if and when necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
About Whistle Sports
WHO WE ARE Whistle Sports is the global sports media network and community for today’s generation. With a massive audience-driven data platform, we create, curate and distribute highly engaging video content across social, digital, over-the-top and linear TV platforms. Hundreds of millions of fans follow along to see new videos from Whistle Sports and our creator partners including Dude Perfect, F2 Freestylers, Brodie Smith, Nitro Circus, and Indi Cowie. We are official partners of some of the biggest sports leagues on the planet including the NFL, MLB, and NASCAR, and some of the biggest sports broadcasters including NBC Sports and Sky Sports.
Want to learn more about Whistle Sports? Visit Whistle Sports's website.
Jobs You May Like
Real Estate Counsel (EMEA)
Knotel, Knotel London