Director, Product Management-Cybersecurity
White Ops, New York, Boston, Washington DC
We love the internet and protect it accordingly.
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of Product professionals are entrepreneurial, curious, and driven. We are passionate about our mission of keeping the internet safe by fighting organized crime.
We support and challenge one another and regularly hold team learnings, product reviews and progress updates to fly faster. We strive to develop a highly collaborative team that works well with all the other teams to meet our clients’ needs
What you'll do:
- White Ops is the leader in global bot detection and mitigation
- You will own our portfolio of bot mitigation products that protect businesses from account
take over, payment fraud, and other types of fraud conducted by bots posing as humans
- Build new products, from conception to launch
- Build business case, define requirements, work closely with engineering to build, work closely with sales and
marketing to define and execute the go to market plan
- Be the expert on your products and the key go-to person for sales
- Work closely with our R&D team to create a process to turn well defined requirements
and priorities into features that delight our customers
- Build a kick-ass user experience for our customers
- Regularly meet with customers and industry influencers to evangelize our products and
gather input on our strategy and roadmap
- Inspect and adapt to continually improve execution
- Drive key industry partnerships and lead initiatives collaboratively that bring fundamental
changes to protect the internet
Do whatever is necessary; general manager / co-founder / owner mentality
Who you are:
- Obsessively passionate about the product. Dream about it. Be able to clearly articulate
what a winning product looks like.
- 8+ years building successful software products in a product management role
- Experience owning enterprise SaaS cyber security products and selling into
cybersecurity teams at large enterprises
- Passion for the White Ops mission of verifying the humanity of every online transaction.
- Experience taking products from inception to launch to ongoing enhancements
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others. Lead through influence.
- Take a customer focused approach to building products. Passion for great user
experience, from demo to implementation and ongoing customer success.
- Ability to build trust and empathy with internal stakeholders (engineering, sales,
customer success) and with customers and industry influencers.
- High competence with Agile product management and processes
- Excellent communicator
- Highly collaborative
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical ability to heavily utilize data insights in decision making. Metrics driven.
Nice to have:
- MBA is a plus
- Technical experience or software development is a plus
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •
About White Ops
ABOUT WHITE OPS We are a cybersecurity company that protects digital advertisers and web app owners from automated threats: threats like ad fraud, account stuffing, or fake engagement. Our products accurately detect and prevent bots even in the presence of sophisticated cybercriminal techniques like exploiting real people’s devices or simulating human behavior. Our customers include some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies on the web.