At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
White Ops is attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place.
The Data Platform team processes terabytes of data a day as the backbone for our analytical systems. We are looking for a hands on senior developer to design, develop and test our data platform and continuously improve the performance, availability and scalability of our products. Experience with fast and scalable distributed systems is a must as well experience with structured and unstructured data sets.
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
- Experience with distributed data storage systems/formats using parallel processes and/or columnar data stores such as Snowflake, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra, Parquet, Kudu, or HBase
- Strong experience in any programming language like Python/Scala/Java.
- Experience working with batch processing/ real-time systems using various open source technologies like Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with messaging frameworks such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques for big data platforms
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Test Driven Development preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops
ABOUT WHITE OPS We are a cybersecurity company that protects digital advertisers and web app owners from automated threats: threats like ad fraud, account stuffing, or fake engagement. Our products accurately detect and prevent bots even in the presence of sophisticated cybercriminal techniques like exploiting real people’s devices or simulating human behavior. Our customers include some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies on the web.
Want to learn more about White Ops? Visit White Ops's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Engineer - Personas CX
Sr. Software Engineer, Network Development
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Mobile Software Developer
Spokeo, Pasadena, California, United States
Android Backend Engineer
Cloudflare, Austin OR San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer In Test (Cloud) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Lead Security Engineer
Classy, San Diego Headquarters