Senior Data Engineer
White Ops, US Remote or Canada Remote
We love the internet and protect it accordingly.
At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the primary organs and arteries of our system. The team’s mission is to consistently deliver an extraordinary data platform that enables our security researchers, threat intel analysts, and data scientists to quickly and optimally detect malicious non-human activity. You will tackle a wide range of problems from finding more efficient ways to research sophisticated botnets to delivering only the most critical and impactful insights to our customers as fast as possible, so they can take action.
What you will do:
- Architect, Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Maintain reliable, scalable systems and applications to process our current and expected future loads
- Partner closely with internal partners to understand how they work and uncover new ways to enhance and amplify their analysis
- Manage the ingestion and usability of a Snowflake data warehouse that ingests and process high-volume near real-time data
- Partner with our operations teams to debug and resolve critical issues and participate in an on-call support rotation for critical production applications
- Empower our partners to automate and enhance their day to day data requirements (finance, marketing, sales, product management, etc.) using frameworks and libraries
- Bring to bear DevOps Practices and Principles to build and use CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in Git-based code reviews and design reviews at the project to architecture scale
Who you are:
- You can develop software in Java and Python, understanding both the theoretical concepts of the language as well as how to write well-documented well-tested code
- You have experience in designing and architecting big data ecosystems, using large data sets (Order of 100 billion interactions and multiple petabytes), and hands-on experience developing them
- You have demonstrated the ability to design processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workflow management
- You have experience efficiently analyzing and extracting key insights from large (terabytes/petabytes) datasets
- You can clearly articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms and document use cases, solutions, and recommendations
- You can own medium-to-large-sized features all the way through from technical design to deployment in production and collaborate with multi-functional teams
- You can provide updates on the scope and state of work, proactively identify issues that you are facing, and learn to anticipate roadblocks that may arise
These are some additional skills that the team has developed and use regularly but are not required for new hires (other than a burning desire to learn them when needed):
- Experience with the Java framework, Spring
- Experience automating the deployment of distributed software to cloud environments like AWS, Azure, or GCP (which likely also means you know some combination of Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Terraform)
- Knowledge of the Snowflake database, primarily its use as a data warehouse
- Sophisticated SQL knowledge and working familiarity with a variety of SQL and No-SQL Databases.
- Able to do basic *nix system administration
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About White Ops
ABOUT WHITE OPS We are a cybersecurity company that protects digital advertisers and web app owners from automated threats: threats like ad fraud, account stuffing, or fake engagement. Our products accurately detect and prevent bots even in the presence of sophisticated cybercriminal techniques like exploiting real people’s devices or simulating human behavior. Our customers include some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies on the web.
Want to learn more about White Ops? Visit White Ops's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Data Analyst and Visual Storyteller
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Bethesda, MD (preferred) or remote