At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
As an iOS Developer at WHOOP, you will be involved in the planning, design, development, validation, and maintenance of various features. The WHOOP app continuously loads and processes streaming data from our proprietary MFi peripheral (WHOOP strap) and presents the data after processing to the user in a meaningful and impactful way. Since this happens all day, the app is responsible for transporting large amounts of data between the strap and the backend server. While that is happening, the app also requires complex views, visualizations, interfaces, and interactions to give the user insights into the data in near-real time. The combination of these requirements presents an interesting set of challenges unique to the WHOOP system.
- 3+ years of experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps.
- Experience architecting and implementing custom UI and high quality features.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with multithreading / Grand Central Dispatch and background execution.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode and Instruments
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Solid computer science knowledge including algorithm analysis, OOP, and data structures
- Awesome portfolio of interesting technologies and complex mobile applications
- Deep knowledge and genuine interest in mobile technologies
- Working knowledge of git
- Working knowledge of Swift
- Understanding and appreciation of great UI/UX
- Experience with visualizing time-series data using CorePlot
- Experience with Bluetooth
- Working knowledge of C and C++
- Familiar with GitFlow
About us WHOOP is the performance optimization system that helps elite athletes and teams win. WHOOP provides athletes, coaches, and trainers with a continuous understanding of strain and recovery to balance training, reduce injuries, and predict performance. The system is currently being used by professional and collegiate athletes, Olympians, and the United States military. At WHOOP our mission is to create a product that makes individuals and teams perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
Want to learn more about WHOOP? Visit WHOOP's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front Desk Administrator
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA
Customer Care Expert (Deutsch)
Formlabs, Berlin, DE
Senior Character Artist
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Blue Bottle Coffee, Brooklyn, NY
Web Application Developer
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies (NRT)
Customer Service Advisor (Remote)
Animoto, NY Tri-State Area