At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
The ideal candidate for this position has proven cradle to grave product development experience on high volume products with a passion for challenging the status quo. This position will play a key role in influencing industrial design, influencing product architecture decisions, and influencing manufacturing decisions. You will be working with an interdisciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, firmware, operations, and manufacturing engineers in addition to marketing, and product managers to bring incredible Whoop products to market.
- Proficiency in computer aided mechanical design and analysis tools such as SolidWorks
- Design, prototyping, and evaluation of advanced injection molded plastic components, die castings and sheet metal
- Demonstrated product design of complex injection molded parts, DFx, and full release to a contract manufacturing environment
- Driving product release with internal engineering and external vendors
- Strong experience in polymer and metal materials selection
- Build and maintain mechanical parts document control and release packages.
- Responsible for implementing documentation updates and changes via ECO process
- Assure system and product quality by designing and executing validation test plans
- Establish, refine and improve best quality practices, continuous improvement and encouraging them within the team as a role model
- Complex surfacing
- Project management
- Product lifecycle management
- Strong hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in medium to high volume consumer electronics design
- 5+ years SolidWorks or similar CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- 5+ years of working with Tier 1&2 contract manufacturers in Asia
About us WHOOP is the performance optimization system that helps elite athletes and teams win. WHOOP provides athletes, coaches, and trainers with a continuous understanding of strain and recovery to balance training, reduce injuries, and predict performance. The system is currently being used by professional and collegiate athletes, Olympians, and the United States military. At WHOOP our mission is to create a product that makes individuals and teams perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
Want to learn more about WHOOP? Visit WHOOP's website.
Jobs You May Like
Web Developer (A/B Testing)
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Technical Lead, Real-Time Systems
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Senior Software Engineer - TDD, Agile, CI/CD, Multiple Languages
(Senior) Software Engineer - Big Data (f/m)
Full Stack Developer
Samanage, Netanya, Israel