Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
A global movement whose mission is to bring free educational content to the world
The Administrative Associate will take the lead in partnering, supporting and delivering administrative services for our Community Engagement (CE) and Administration teams. This role sits onsite in our San Francisco headquarters. The position requires an experienced professional in the areas of communication, event management, documentation, and creative problem solving. We are seeking someone that is capable of building strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external teams and individuals.
This position requires an experienced supportive professional to understand and coordinate business workflows utilizing various skills within the areas of contract management, onboarding and offboarding, extensive team and meeting calendaring, creative planning and event management for smaller team events. The Administrative Associate needs to have a clear sense of the priorities and workload within their scope to be able to partner and resolve competing needs for time and support.
Although some focus will be supporting the CE team, the Administrative Associate formally resides within the Wikimedia Foundation Administration team and reports to the Director of Administration. The Administration team is a cross organization group hosting all the administrative, facilities and travel staff. A service team, the Administration Department takes pride in logistics and support services we provide to the organization. This role and position must have a strong sense of personal value, and have the ability to seek ways in which to thrive and develop within the supportive service environment.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Provide administrative support services to the Chief of Community Engagement and identified services within the team.
- Partner with Travel team to coordinate and prepare travel information as needed by team and Chief
- Support CE staff, contractor and volunteer onboarding and offboarding process
- Provide weekly updates on projects and work assigned with dependencies and delivery dates understood
- Write, edit and publish correspondence, wiki announcements, as well as meeting highlights and action items with internal and external communities
- Document and communicate the support services being provided to directors and staff of CE
- Train, partner and document with various team members for training and orientation needed within the team as it relates to support services
- Prepare project plans and execute successful logistics for meetings, trainings, and small events, as well as contribute to larger organizational events
- Manage and publish team calendars and support and train in scheduling
- Develop and prepare training documentation for CE staff and volunteers as needed
- Communicate effectively on all levels to assure services and needs are being met and expectations managed
- Partner on large and small internal events for the organization locally and around the globe
- Ability to coordinate and deliver additional assignments and projects while covering a wide range of coordination, communication, business operations support for team and organization.
- Value and enjoy support and business operations services and feel satisfied in partnering with the CE team to meet business operations deadlines and goals
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 5+ years of demonstrated work delivering logistical and support and event services with increasing responsibility and leadership
- 2+ years planning venues, conferences, meetings, logistics, mixers, events for small and large (20 - 200+) people.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Strong user set of skills in documentation, spreadsheet, database and presentation programs with ability to learn and apply open source software
- Demonstrated ability to use conference and a/v equipment for high volume of remote meetings
- Ability to facilitate and lead small operational projects and teams toward identified goal
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Working in non-profit or academic environment a plus
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Fluency in languages other than English and/or international experience
- Familiarity with the Wikimedia Community
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles
About the Wikimedia Foundation
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and several other Wikimedia free knowledge sites. Every month, the Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than a billion unique devices. Wikipedia consists of more than 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 70,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 240 staff members.
Want to learn more about Wikimedia? Visit https://wikimediafoundation.org/
Jobs You May Like
Junior Local Market Rep
Weedmaps, New York, New York, United States
User Acquisition Manager
Postmates, San Francisco
Brand Ambassador - Richmond
Yelp, Richmond, VA
Senior Marketing Operations Associate
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Yelp WiFi, Head of Marketing
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Digital Performance Marketing Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA