Wish, San Francisco, United States
Mobile commerce platform
Data driven decision-making is an integral part of life at Wish. It drives our success with customers and merchants. We’re looking for talented Quantitative Analyst to continue to drive decisions company-wide through the use of statistical modeling and machine learning, who are passionate about using data to help drive informed product and business decisions for the company.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You should have an extensive background in a quantitative field, a strong research background, and experience working with large data sets. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
What you'll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, machine learning, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products.
- Partner with Product Engineering and Operations teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions, product launches, and business strategies.
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Experience in SQL or other query languages. Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, decision trees, clustering, etc.)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience with data visualization
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. Wish selectively brings together world-class talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to the global population.
Learn more about us:
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wish is the leading mobile commerce platform in North America and Europe. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. By leveraging a competitive global supply chain of direct suppliers and avoiding retail costs we are offering anyone with a smartphone access to tens of millions of affordable goods. By making Wish available on smartphones we are putting this digital shopping mall directly in the pockets of tens of millions of consumers.
Want to learn more about Wish? Visit