Software Engineer (Toronto)
Wish, Toronto, Canada
Mobile commerce platform
We’re looking for engineers to build a premier commerce platform from the ground up. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems and features at all levels of the stack. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to work at all levels of the stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
You should be able to perform and contribute under a great deal of independence. Regardless of your seniority or experience, we are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce. This person will directly impact important company initiatives at a fast growing, data-driven company. If you are smart, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then engineering at Wish is right for you!
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
- Programming language: Python
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Wish was launched in November 2011 and already has over 300 million registered users, making it one of the top 5 mobile shopping applications on iOS and Android!
Learn more about us:
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish is the leading mobile commerce platform in North America and Europe. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. By leveraging a competitive global supply chain of direct suppliers and avoiding retail costs we are offering anyone with a smartphone access to tens of millions of affordable goods. By making Wish available on smartphones we are putting this digital shopping mall directly in the pockets of tens of millions of consumers.