Sales Development Representative
Create, host, share, and measure beautiful videos like the human you are
Wistia is not your average B2B SaaS company.
We’re a leading video platform for businesses that want to better create, customize, host, share, and analyze the videos that power more human connections with their prospects, customers, and employees. We serve companies small and large, and teams ranging from marketing and sales to support and HR.
We’re growing fast, even though we’ve been around since 2006. We unabashedly enjoy the fun culture and nimbleness typical of a tech startup, but we’re profitable and have chosen to raise only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to focus our investments on whatever we think will best serve the long-term value of the company.
As a SDR at Wistia, you’ll report to the Sales Development Manager and will be responsible for calling and emailing all of the warm leads we receive on a daily basis. Your days will be filled with energetic outreach to prospects to understand their requirements, hopes, and dreams for creating a successful video strategy for their company. Once you’ve engaged, excited, and delighted the prospect, you’ll transition them to our Account Executives. From there, they’lll work with them to design a personalized plan based off all the information you’ve gathered. Signing up new customers is a huge priority for Wistia, and SDRs play a critical role in developing our sales pipeline, which ultimately impacts the company’s revenue.
Your typical day includes:
- Engaging with existing customers to help them get the most out of their Wistia partnership
- Creatively reaching out to warm leads through, phone, email, and video voicemail
- Working with sales and marketing on outreach campaigns, lead management, and deal review
- Utilizing HubSpot, the company’s CRM, to document your daily activities
This job might be for you if you:
- Are curious… like, really curious
- Like being part of a team but can also work independently
- Have strong time management, organization, and decision-making skills
- Are motivated to help others
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Love to learn
- Like to be on camera
- Have the ability to be coached and mentored
- Are ok with rejection (it happens sometimes)
- Work hard, have a can-do attitude, and are self-motivated
- Have some experience in sales, fundraising, or business development
- Like to laugh and have fun
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
First three months:
- Develop a solid understanding of the Wistia product line, the way we do business, and the amazing way we work with our customers
- Understand and deliver the company value proposition
- Collaborate with your team to exchange ideas on email templates, voicemails, product, and overall outreach strategies
- Master the tools necessary to complete daily activities
- Build relationships with Account Executives, Customer Happiness, Product, and other teams
- Continue to build on your skills and product knowledge
- Develop a clear understanding of marketing automation tools and how we work with them
- Learn about other video technologies on the market and how Wistia is different
- Work with mentors to set goals for personal and professional growth
Your success will be measured by:
- Consistently meeting and exceeding goals related to new customer acquisitions and company growth
- Delighting each and every customer you speak with
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building and the values we believe in on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc.)
Wistia Inc. is an internet video hosting and analytics company that was founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts during 2006 by Brown University graduates Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz. Its aim was to help filmmakers collaborate remotely online.