Wizeline partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to provide intelligently designed software solutions with agile and distributed teams. Innovation in product development is at our core. We work towards goals, not checkboxes. We focus on impact. We are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems and giving back to the communities in which we operate.
Come join a team where all members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands and bring inventive solutions to our partners’ toughest problems. We are engineering a better tomorrow, and creating new opportunities.
What you’ll work on:
We are looking for Data Engineers to drive the architectural design, implementation plan, best practices, and testing plans for projects involving terabytes of data, which will serve as the foundation for advanced analytics and machine learning tasks to be performed by data scientists on top of that infrastructure.
What you will bring to the team?
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with product owners, report developers, product analysts, architects, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Design and implement data platforms for large-scale, high performance and scalable requirements, integrating data from several data sources, managing structured and unstructured data while melding existing warehouse structures.
- Analyze, diagnose and identify bottlenecks in data workflows
- Participate in demos to clients as well as requirements elicitation and translation to systems requirements (functional and nonfunctional).
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
Are you a fit?
- Strong General Programming Skills (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience in data streams processing technologies including Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc
- Solid engineering foundations (good coding practices, good data pipeline architectural design skills).
- Solid Experience with Spark
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale data engineering.
- 2+ years of experience developing on Hadoop Ecosystem HDFS and Hive.
- Experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions.
- Proficiency designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, dealing with big volumes of data (terabytes of data which required distributed processing)
- Advanced English level.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience working with SQL in advanced scenarios that require heavy optimization
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience developing solutions within AWS Services framework (EMR, EC2,RDS, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
What you will love about us
- Our culture: We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Our benefits and perks: Wizeline offers competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits including daily meals, health benefits & wellness programs and industry-leading maternity and paternity leave.
- Our Global Family: We connect cross countries, as well as language training and immigration support for expats.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which all can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.