Wizeline partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to provide intelligently designed software solutions using the Agile methodology and Distributed teams approach. Innovation in product development is our core strength. We work towards goals, not checkboxes! We focus on impact, and we are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems and giving back to the communities in which we operate.
Come join a team where all members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and come up with the most inventive and innovative solutions to our partners’ toughest problems. We are engineering a better tomorrow and creating new opportunities.
What You Will Bring to the Team
Wizeline is seeking a Paralegal / Junior Corporate Counsel to work closely with the General Counsel and other legal team members across corporate functions in providing advice and support on company contracts and other day-to-day legal matters, including employment, immigration and corporate matters.
Your Day-to-Day Activities
Activities include (but are not limited to)
- Corporate Matters
- Perform tasks related to the company’s corporate structure, including forming entities, maintaining corporate books, drafting board and shareholder resolutions, and liaising with company’s tax and corporate advisors as needed.
- Work with stakeholders to organize, maintain and manage relationships with equity holders through the company's equity management platform.
- Serve as a cross-departmental point of contact, answering questions about various global entities, and helping other teams with respect to various legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Support the legal team in the development and implementation of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
Employment & Immigration
- Assist in the handling of employment related matters, including providing support with respect to various agreements and policy matters.
Work with attorneys and advisors to manage immigration issues for Wizeline employees on a global basis by:
- Gathering appropriate evidence to support immigration filings.
- Communicating with team members and employees during all phases of the immigration process.
- Reviewing documents and information submitted by employees for relevance, accuracy, and completeness.
- Maintaining computer databases and monitor reports related to caseload management of immigration matters.
- Support the legal team in providing expertise and guidance to stakeholders on all aspects of contract lifecycle, from structuring agreements and negotiating deal terms through to contract review and execution.
- Responsible for ownership of company document organization and management. Track and report on data, and recommend ongoing process improvements to further reduce risk and add value.
- Respond to general requests of a legal nature as they arise relating to company contracts, referring to General Counsel and others as needed.
Are You a Fit?
- 2+ years relevant experience in a legal department or reputable law firm.
- Must be fluent in Spanish (reading, writing and drafting).
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong drafting, communication and organizational skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, ability to quickly identify challenges and clearly articulate creative, practical solutions even when dealing with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. “Can do” attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and generally open to utilizing various technology platforms and systems.
- Location: United States (preferably Miami, Florida)
What You’ll Love About Us
- Our culture: We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Our benefits and perks: We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office.
- Our Global family: We have a Work Abroad program in place, as well as language training and immigration support for expats.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one