Wizeline is a software development and design services company with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and Spain. High-growth companies need engineering capacity to scale. Wizeline brings depth in product design, technical writing, project management, and across engineering disciplines.
At Wizeline, we understand that great software is built by great people and teams. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration. We believe in a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where all can achieve their full potential, leading to company, customer, and community success.
Wizeline is committed to the communities in which it operates. We believe in doing well while also doing good. Wizeline Academy is a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their careers in the tech industry. To date, Academy has served more than 8,500 students with more than 7,000 hours of instruction across 85 courses
What You Will Bring to the Team
The Engineering Manager is a role held by an experienced individual who has people management skills and shows a genuine passion for helping others. The Engineering Manager promotes and influences a positive and healthy work environment daily, acting as a cultural ambassador.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for building and maintaining a foundational center of excellence by facilitating best practices adoption and supporting the career growth of the team members.
The Engineering Manager’s mission is to continue solidifying Wizeline as:
- The best place to grow: Level up the discipline.
- The best place to join: Scaling the organization.
- The best place to work: Employee engagement.
Your Day-to-Day Activities
- Functions as an anchor for individual contributors throughout their journey at Wizeline. Facilitates, provides guidelines, and is the main support for individual contributors’ development.
- Serves as a role model for the discipline members, is the go-to person for technical questions, mentorship, and career growth.
- Understands the team and individual’s technical needs and is accountable for the development of skills through training, certifications, academy, etc.
- Collaborates closely with the Talent Acquisition team to support the Hiring and Interviewing processes. Participates as an evaluator of technical skills, and cultural fit for the company.
- Sets quarterly OKRs for the discipline and achieves visible results in each of them.
- Sets performance and development goals. Is accountable for the performance management of the team, actively participates in the promotion sessions of the CGM (Continues Growth Management), and is also in charge of PIP (Performance Improvement Plans) when performance issues are identified.
- Builds community within the discipline members, ensures a productive and engaging environment for discipline members.
- Works closely with the Staffing team to cover project needs considering individuals' capabilities, experience, and aspirations.
- Serves as a hub between Delivery and project management to ensure projects goals are met and expectations are clear.
- Holds coaching and career development conversations; presents and describes opportunities for growth in order to help achieve career goals.
- Manages the onboarding of new team members to Wizeline and to the Discipline so that they are engaged and productive as soon as possible.
- Is responsible for the beach management of discipline members. Recommends certifications, materials, and training that can add value to the individual while waiting for a new project.
- Is responsible to procure fair and competitive compensation practices within the discipline’s team members by actively participating in the Hiring Process and Focal Review.
Are you a Fit?
- You have experience as a people manager or leading people around you.
- You have proven expertise (battle scars) in many areas of the software engineering cycle.
- Have demonstrated being a role model for the Discipline by contributing to it with an exceptional track record at a senior level or above.
- Consistent and positive feedback from peers/team frequently is your “bread and water of every day”. Proactively requests feedback.
- Capable of providing empathetic and meaningful constructive feedback that helps individuals and teams grow and improve.
- Exceptional communicator, in both written and spoken English.
- Passionate about executing & experimenting on strategic initiatives such as global growth, learning, and development, talent attraction, among others.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and are capable of shedding light towards clarity.
- Fosters the sense of belonging between each individual with the discipline and the company.
For the Team:
- Focused on helping people develop and grow their skills - technical or soft skills.
- Understands and manages team dynamics, facilitating the move towards a high-performance team of interdependent members.
- Creates communities of learning where individuals take advantage of the “knowledge of the masses”.
What You’ll Love About Us
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
Our benefits and perks:
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office.
Our global family:
We have a Work Abroad program in place, as well as language training and immigration support for expats.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.