WIZELINE is a software development and design services company with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and Spain. High-growth companies need engineering capacity to scale. WIZELINE brings depth in product design, technical writing, project management, and across engineering disciplines.
We thrive in designing and building technology for companies aiming to transform themselves and grow exponentially by becoming customer-centric data-driven (vs information-driven) organizations. We can help them succeed in building digital capabilities that bring technology to the core of their business. To do so, we bring a nearshore same time-zone Integrated Design & Engineering approach with expertise centered on Cloud-Native, DevOps-Ready, Data-Driven, and Customer-Centric platforms and products.
At WIZELINE, we understand that great software is built by great people and teams. To hire, retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration. We foster a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where all can achieve their full potential, leading to company, customer, and community success.
WIZELINE is committed to the communities in which it operates. We believe in doing well while also doing good. WIZELINE Academy is a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their careers in the tech industry. To date, Academy has served more than 8,500 students with more than 7,000 hours of instruction across 85 courses
The WIZELINE Go To Market Team
WIZELINE sales and account leadership professionals deliver distinctive client experiences through consulting offerings tailored to address the unique needs of the Fortune 500, Forbes Global 2000, and fast-growing large scale startups alike.
What You Will Bring to the Team
Working hand-in-hand with all members of a WIZELINE cross-functional team, the Director of Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) will be responsible for the global business strategy, growth and profitability of a client portfolio made-up of one or several leading Communications and/or Media customer accounts by driving the entire client lifecycle - from client acquisition, deal creation, project execution, and delivery - from our unique software engineering consulting services. This role will include a mix of current client management and business development growth, as well as new client acquisition.
The Director of this CMT portfolio is a seasoned executive located in the U.S., who leads WIZELINE’s efforts worldwide with a revenue expectation of $50M+ in 2021. The Director must have the ability to build strong and dedicated internal partnerships with every function within the Company. All team members servicing clients within this designated Portfolio, except support functions (Finance, People Ops), report directly into this role with dotted-line reporting into and support from leaders of their functional discipline (Sales, Engineering, Delivery, Marketing, etc.).
We are looking for a highly motivated, successful, passionate, and innovative professional with established credentials in the tech/communication, media & entertainment industry, and who possesses direct lines to potential senior client stakeholders via an extensive, up-to-date network of existing relationships.
- Drive all business development activities and build a go-to-market engine that includes roles and responsibilities needed for driving new customer acquisition as well as customer upselling and retention; be a self-direct contributor to business development as well.
- Define business plans and requirements to make the portfolio successful and own the P&L with all metrics for the portfolio; establish and execute on both short-term growth tactics and long-term strategies; manage budget-related decisions to achieve business plan.
- Effectively manage all commercial aspects of client relationships including contracts, pricing, profitability, revenue, and profit forecasting at client and portfolio levels. Accurately plan and forecast revenue growth to achieve revenue, margin, and profit targets.
- Leads WIZELINE global activities for the portfolio client base to ensure full collaboration and partnership and leveraging the company full complement of global resources to support the business where needed.
- Understand, cultivate, and maintain WIZELINE’s expectations for culture, business conduct, and employee engagement and create an environment across the portfolio where everyone is excited about working for WIZELINE every day and takes pride to be an active part of their community.
- Create accountability within the organization by developing and assigning appropriate objectives and metrics; use metrics and data as vital measures of success and failure; decide where and how to double-down, finding any and every go-to-market opportunity that provides leverage and fits within WIZELINE’s strategy
- Evangelize the company internally and externally; develop culturally appropriate selling motions and sell innovative and valuable products to customers that our engineers want to develop with them.
- Monitor revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth; work with other leaders to monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success and retention.
- Coach and mentor team members, developing key team members within the portfolio to ensure everyone is motivated, learning new skills, realizing career goals, and being productive on projects; fill management gaps by hiring and developing leaders and by building high-performance teams.
- Support the staffing and hiring of outstanding and relevant talent; work hand-in-hand with Staffing, Talent Acquisition, People Ops, and other functions to drive the best possible talent management process and candidate experience
- Partner with support functions and vendors to ensure requirements to operate a business are met.
Are You a Fit?
- Location: you are based in the U.S. (no other locations considered for this position)
- Relevant advanced degree. Masters Degree from a top business school preferred, but the comparable experience is welcome.
- Significant experience in the custom software development and product design services industry (for clarity, you are not a fit without material experience in software product development consulting / outsourcing), with a proven track record of leading and growing high-performing teams in professional services.
- 15 years’ experience within the Communications and/or the Media & Entertainment industries, in executive responsibilities.
- Consulting skills to ensure the buyer (enterprises in various verticals) understands how they can deliver against company goals by investing in WIZELINE.
- Unparalleled client relationship skills and CMT business acumen –must be able to earn trusted advisor status with all clients.
- Must have a very well established, current, and active network of C-level and senior executives and decision-makers within key target clients, and channel partners, and an understanding of how to build new relationships with WIZELINE’s business proposition
- Experience working in a modern dynamic matrix environment, managing and co-managing distributed teams within a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to communicate a compelling vision, delivering results with and through others, coaching, team-building, and cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to drive strategies that optimize business outcomes by demonstrating a keen understanding of today’s digitally native technology service environments.
- Experience in attracting, assessing, and hiring highly skilled and diverse talent; experience managing and coaching diverse types of managers across different functions
- A balance between a practical, hands-on mindset and operational skills with strategic ability, creative business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded startup (ideally headquartered in Silicon Valley) and demonstrated an ability to scale a multinational organization
- Direct and Indirect revenue responsibility of $25-50M+ book of business with an expectation of high annual revenue growth, developing a mix of existing accounts, plus acquiring from your network a few new key large customers each of them with individual potential long term revenue of $50M.
- Direct margin responsibility, with the ability to help Delivery and Project Management functions achieve margin targets, contributing with the appropriate oversight and governance for your assigned accounts.
- Exceptional client satisfaction.
What You’ll Love About Us
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
Our benefits and perks:
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
Impact everything around you.