Wizeline partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to provide intelligently designed software solutions using the Agile methodology and Distributed teams approach. Innovation in product development is our core strength. We work towards goals, not checkboxes! We focus on impact, and we are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems and giving back to the communities in which we operate.
Come join a team where all members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and come up with the most inventive and innovative solutions to our partners’ toughest problems. We are engineering a better tomorrow and creating new opportunities.
What you will bring to the team
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers to drive the architectural design, implementation plan, best practices, and testing plans for projects involving terabytes of data, which will serve as the foundation for advanced analytics and machine learning tasks to be performed by data scientists on top of that infrastructure.
Your day-to-day activities
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with product owners, report developers, product analysts, architects, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Design and implement data platforms for large-scale, high performance and scalable requirements, integrating data from several data sources, managing structured and unstructured data while melding existing warehouse structures.
- Analyze, diagnose and identify bottlenecks in data workflows
- Participate in demos to clients as well as requirements elicitation and translation to systems requirements (functional and nonfunctional).
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
Are you a fit?
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Strong General Programming Skills.
- Solid engineering foundations (good coding practices, good architectural design skills).
- Solid experience with Python. If not proficient in Python, we expect the candidate to be proficient in other languages and prove their ability to learn new ones very quickly.
- Solid Experience with Spark.
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale data engineering with emphasis on analytics and reporting.
- 2+ years of experience developing on Hadoop Ecosystem with the platforms such as AWS EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks leverage tools like Pig, Hive.
- Experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance Data Lake solutions.
- Proficiency designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform, load) processes, dealing with big volumes of data (terabytes of data which required distributed processing)
- Experience with Sqoop.
- Experience developing solution within AWS Services framework (EMR, EC2,RDS, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience in data streams processing technologies including Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc
- Advanced English level.
Other nice-to-have qualities we appreciate are:
- Experience working with SQL in advanced scenarios that require heavy optimization
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
What you'll love about us
- Our culture: We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Our benefits and perks: We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office. We also offer stock options for all employees.
- Our global family: We offer Work Abroad program, as well as language training and immigration support for our expat members.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which all can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr Security Incident Response Engineer
Twilio, Denver, CO
Software Engineer, C
Rylo, San Francisco, CA
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Social Tables, Washington, DC
Software Engineer, Data
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Security Monitoring and Incident Response Engineer
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Manager, Risk
Venmo, Newton, MA