Wizeline is a global technology services provider that partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to build high-quality digital products and platforms that accelerate time-to-market. Our diverse and adaptive teams provide the right combination of solutions and methodologies to deliver results while collaborating with our customers’ teams to foster innovation through continuous learning.
At Wizeline, we understand that great people and teams build great software. All team members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and develop innovative solutions to our customers’ most challenging problems. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration.
We are invested in making a positive impact in our communities. That’s why we created Wizeline Academy, a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their tech industry careers. To date, Academy has served more than 32,000 students with 250 instructors across 194 courses. Wizeliners have the opportunity to upskill by taking Academy courses and can also share their expertise by delivering classes to students.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
In this role you are expected to design, develop, implement and monitor the strategy to protect the personal information of employees and clients by identifying and prioritizing privacy-related requirements, promoting PII protection principles, and facilitating the communication across the organization to strengthen our privacy culture.
Your Day-to-Day Activities
- Performs regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance. Develop appropriate risk treatment and mitigation options, and effectively articulate operational teams and management
- Monitor changes in the applicable privacy regulations with the goal of proposing and implementing changes in our privacy strategy.
- Identifies areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- Confirm the privacy practices of the most critical third parties working for Wizeline.
- Provide technical and strategic expertise about the implementation of privacy controls, best practices, and documented procedures.
- Work with other teams to prioritize and drive gap remediation.
- Obtain and evolve technical expertise, certifications, and industry credentials through formal and informal training and other educational initiatives.
Are You a Fit?
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in any of the following profiles: security compliance engineer, privacy engineer, security consultant.
- Experience and hands-on working knowledge with a variety of privacy regulations, like GDPR, CCPA, LFPDPPP, HIPAA, etc.
- Understanding of cyber security frameworks (PCI, ISO 27001, SOC 1, SOC 2, etc).
- Experience in risk management.
- Understanding of security and risk principles.
Other nice-to-have qualities we appreciate are:
- Understanding of cloud technologies, and DevOps principles.
- Strong interpersonal and prioritization skills and a desire to learn.
- Highly effective technical communications skills (verbal and written)
- Certifications in security or privacy areas, such as CISSP, CRISC, CDPSE, etc.
Why You Should Apply
Still not convinced you should apply? Here are some of the things that make Wizeline different from other technology services companies:
At Wizeline, we value innovation, community, and ownership. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect fosters an environment where everyone does well and does good. We're proud to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in response to our inclusive corporate policies and best practices for LGBTQ+ employees.
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work. In 2020, we won a Súper Empresas award for our organizational culture and climate.
Our Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and remote work opportunities. In recognition of our superb employee benefits, we even qualified for the Súper Espacios award in 2020.
Our Global Family
To support the global nature of our business and help our employees grow beyond their technical skills, we offer free virtual English and Spanish language classes as well as provide immigration support when applicable. Prior to COVID-19, we had a robust Work Abroad program in place, which we plan to continue once it’s safe to do so.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline was founded on 2014 to help companies get better products to market faster by using data to algorithmically prioritize features in product roadmaps. In time, we also found that it was important to also provide teams of engineers to fast-track the development of new technologies and products. Today, Wizeline is over 300 employees worldwide and we work with companies like Nike, Dow Jones, Dover, 21st Century Fox and many more to develop and deliver innovative products.
Want to learn more about Wizeline? Visit Wizeline's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth