Wolt is an Apple-awarded technology company building the one app for discovering and getting great food in your city. Choose a restaurant, build your order and hit send. Follow your order’s progress by the minute and have your meal delivered to your home or your office, or pick it up yourself.
Wolt is active in more than 15 countries and 50 cities today, servicing 2.5M+ customers. We’ve raised more than €150M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. Before Wolt, our investors have backed companies such as Alibaba, Netflix, Just Eat, Adyen, iZettle, Intercom and Zoom.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way. Apple selected us as their Editors' Choice, Wired named us one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named us Company of the Year.
We are now expanding further – and need your help. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
About the Head of Talent Acquisition role
At the start of 2018, Wolt had 101 people. Now, Spring 2019, we have 450. More than one person is starting each day. Some of these people come and build our software products, most build our country operations. Our other functions include our Finance and Legal team, our Brand, Analytics, and People teams.
So far we’ve handled our recruitment with a small team of in-house recruiters, our Head of Internal Development and people across different functions – such as Expansion Managers – contributing a lot of their time into recruiting. Now, we’re looking for more senior Talent Acquisition thought-leadership to join the team to take our talent acquisition to the next level.
Your team supports all of our 15+ country teams, our Product team, as well as hiring for our central and expansion teams. Your team does have a few people already, in addition, core recruiting processes and reporting in place. However, much of this stuff is not in the most scalable form. We'd love to take these to the next level with someone who's seen this stuff before. Someone who knows how to build this so it won't break as we scale even faster. Someone who knows how to run global talent acquisition so that hiring won’t become a bottleneck for our growth – while maintaining an extremely high bar in who we hire, as Wolt is built on exceptional talent.
Overall, you will be responsible for:
- Leading our entire global Talent Acquisition function, covering everything between designing, owning and executing our talent acquisition strategy (e.g. talent acquisition processes, practices, vendors, employer branding initiatives etc.) to leading the talent acquisition team operationally.
- Having ownership of the talent pipeline, ensuring needed talent is acquired to needed roles in agreed timeline, having also the responsibility that all of our hiring targets and KPIs are met in the process. Moreover, understanding market conditions for targeted sources and preparing distinct and effective recruiting approaches to those markets.
- Developing and maintaining best-in-class sourcing, interviewing and assignment-related methods and making sure they are in uniform use.
- Owning recruiting-related KPIs, tools and processes such as applicant tracking and management reporting. Overall, we expect you to have a strong view on what KPIs should a modern talent acquisition team monitor and rely on.
- Ensure we as an organisation provide the best possible candidate experience to all of our candidates in all of our open positions, independent of e.g. the role seniority or location.
- Managing the hiring process for some of the most senior central roles in the company.
- Acting as the single most important link between the management team and the recruiting team. Therefore, you have to deeply understand our business and what kind of people are needed at all levels of the company.
- Closely partnering with different functions relevant to hiring, from Brand & PR and building Wolt’s image as an employer to cooperating with our People team and making sure new hires are handed over to on-boarding with love.
What we look from you
Ideally, you'd be someone who has:
- Built or been very closely involved in scaling the talent acquisition function in an international company that has grown +100% year-over-year and seen a significant growth spurt starting from a level of 500–2,000 employees. You can also come from a larger company, as long as it’s a modern one. It’s also fine if you haven’t seen exactly the growth described above, but you do need to have experience relevant to our upcoming growth.
- Strong expertise (~5–8 years) in leading a talent acquisition team and setting up its processes, in a global, multi country environment. - Been responsible for management reporting as well as designing, setting up, following and acting upon talent acquisition related KPIs.
- Experience from an environment where the variety of open positions you hire for is massive and spread across 5+ countries.
- Experience in managing high volumes of hiring as well as challenging senior hires.
- Wolt is a tech company at heart, which means that experience and expertise in tech recruiting is highly valued.
The role is based in Helsinki, Finland, meaning that it would be important that you'd be able to work there a significant part of your time. For reasons that we can explain in more detail in person, this specific role can also be partly based in our Copenhagen, Denmark office, if that happens to suit you exceptionally well.
How is the role compensated?
This is an absolute key role at Wolt. The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and Wolt stock options. The latter make it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie.
What should you do next?
We’ll hire someone for this role when we find the right person. Please apply as soon as possible. Especially if you get the feeling that you really, really want to join us. We appreciate people who truly want a specific job, so please spend some time in answering a few application questions, and show us how you think.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Wolt is a technology company building the one app for food. Be it discovering or getting great meals – takeaway, home delivery or to the table – Wolt takes care of it for you. Pick a restaurant, build your order, choose delivery, takeaway or eat in and hit send. Magic ensues. We’re based in Helsinki, Finland, and currently expanding throughout the Nordics and Baltics.