Software Engineer - Java / Python
Wombat Security Technologies, Pittsburgh
Change Behavior. Reduce Risk.
- Perform development tasks related to delivering java apps, including design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Comfortable with defining/implementing application and system architectures
- Work with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to ensure the delivery of great, high-quality features
- Investigate, prototype and recommend new technologies and solutions
Experience & Education Requirements:
- BS/BA in a software related field or incredible experience that makes us not care about a degree
- 3+ years experience of Java and or Python-5 years experience
- You should possess some solid skills on either front-end or back-end but should have some experience across the board. Most of our developers are interested in being full-stack and Wombat is a great place to get that experience.
- Have a good handle on using and creating APIs.
- You'll do well if you understand dependency injection (Spring), understand how to work with databases and other data stores, understand MVC concepts
- All of our developers know their way around SQL
- Comfortable with Git for version control
- Can work independently and thrives with autonomy. Micromanage? Ain’t nobody got time for that!
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security, a division of Proofpoint, provides SaaS-based information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, we are headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and have offices in Denver, CO and London, UK — as well as global network of partner organizations. In March 2018, Wombat was acquired by Proofpoint, Inc., a leading cybersecurity company. Today, we are helping Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 customers in industry segments such as finance, technology, banking, higher education, retail, and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cybersecurity defenses. Our Security Education Platform includes integrated knowledge assessments, a library of simulated attacks, and interactive training modules, which have been proven to reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections by up to 90%.
Want to learn more about Wombat Security Technologies? Visit Wombat Security Technologies's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Tech Jobs For You
Proposal and Capture Strategist, Palantir Apollo - US Government
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.