Your day to day
- Perform development tasks related to delivering Qlik Sense applications, including design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Comfortable with defining/implementing application and database architectures
- Work with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to ensure the delivery of great, high-quality features
- Investigate, prototype and recommend new technologies and solutions
What you bring to the team
- BS/BA in a software related field or incredible experience that makes us not care about a degree.
- 2+ years’ experience of Qlik Sense development (or a combination of Qlik Sense and QlikView experience).
- You should have solid experience developing within Qlik Sense (or potentially QlikView). Preferably 2-4 years of experience in both native and mashup environments.
- The ability to diagnose and address performance bottlenecks in Qlik.
- You should possess an intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL in either PostgreSQL or MySQL environments (or both). For instance, what are the different kinds of JOINs and when would you use each? What is a window function and why would you use one? What's a CTE? What are some features that are available in MySQL that aren't available in PostgreSQL or vice versa.
- Have exposure to either MySQL or PostgreSQL environments, preferably MySQL 5.7 and PostgreSQL 10.
- At least an intermediate understanding of a HA Qlik deployment. For instance, what's the difference between a central node and a proxy node? How would you begin setting up such an environment or communicating with DevOps around the requirements for such an environment?
- Experience in data modeling for both relational and analytical systems. What's the difference between 3NF and a star schema? When would it be appropriate to use one kind of model versus another? What are some of the kinds of slowly changing dimensions? In Qlik specifically, how do you approach creating a data model for high performance?
- Experience with additional BI applications such as PowerBI and Logi. Have you ever created reports or visualizations for an end user using one of these applications (or others)?
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus, especially including a subset of the following services: RDS, EC2, S3, Data Pipeline, SNS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, and Elasticsearch.
- Comfort in working across multiple operating systems, including macOS and Windows.
- Comfortable with Git for version control.
- Can work independently and thrives with autonomy.
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security, a division of Proofpoint, provides SaaS-based information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, we are headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and have offices in Denver, CO and London, UK — as well as global network of partner organizations. In March 2018, Wombat was acquired by Proofpoint, Inc., a leading cybersecurity company. Today, we are helping Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 customers in industry segments such as finance, technology, banking, higher education, retail, and consumer packaged goods to strengthen their cybersecurity defenses. Our Security Education Platform includes integrated knowledge assessments, a library of simulated attacks, and interactive training modules, which have been proven to reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections by up to 90%.
Want to learn more about Wombat Security Technologies? Visit Wombat Security Technologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partnership Strategy and Operations, Industry Partnerships (Contract)
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Corporate & Foundation Relations Associate
Obama Foundation, Washington, D.C.
Organization Development Partner
EnerNOC, US - Boston, MA
General Expression of Interest - Engineering (Sydney)
Sales Development Representative Australia
OTA Insight, Sydney
Jampp, San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Brazil, Berlin