Womply is looking for a motivated and experience self-starter to drive the overall financial strategy & operations for the company. You will be responsible FP&A, accounting, tax, cash management, fundraising, M&A, and more. This position will also play a crucial role in building out the financial and operational systems for Womply’s next phase of growth.
- Work with the President, Founder, and executive management team to drive the organization's direction moving forward
- Develop and enhance existing financial and operational strategies
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning
- Communicate the company’s strategic direction, financial results, etc. to relevant audiences (ie: company updates, investor updates, board updates & materials, etc.)
- Own & drive the company's fundraising strategy
- Drive due diligence during acquisitions
- Oversee monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis, including the key SAAS metrics that tie back to financial goals
- Oversee accounting team and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly close process
- Interact with accounting, tax and other external resources, including full financial audit
- Full ownership of the company's financial plan (regular updates and adjustments to the detailed financial model and communication of key elements to senior management)
You Must Have:
- Prior experience as a VP of Finance / CFO with a demonstrated track record successfully scaling an organization of a similar size/stage
- This role is for action-oriented doers; must be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities. An expert in cohort analysis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience in complex modeling (e.g., cash flow, headcount, etc.)
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or month-end close experience: Managing journal entries & reconciliations to build financial metrics.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet) a must. Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred
- 5+ plus years of relevant FP&A experience in a high growth organization. Experience in SAAS subscription or computer software/information technology industry preferred
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL and comfortable with large amounts of data
- Willingness to learn on the job and flexible as new project land on your desk
Come build something amazing at Womply
Womply is leveling the playing field for American small businesses with proprietary data and next-generation SaaS that helps SMBs get more customers, keep them coming back, and save time every day. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the country, serving over 100,000 small business merchants across 400+ business verticals in every corner of America.
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. We work hard and push each other to be the best, but we also have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you want to win and make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in San Francisco, Portland, and Lehi, Utah for engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more.
About us Womply is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider to small and medium businesses and one of the fastest growing software companies in America. Our mission is to use technology and data to grow, protect, and simplify small business. Every day we serve over 100,000 merchants, across 400+ business verticals, in every corner of America.
Want to learn more about Womply? Visit Womply's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Operations Manager - Nashville
LimeBike, Nashville, TN
Restaurant Partnership Manager
Wolt, Warsaw / Kraków, Poland
Fonteva, Arlington, VA
Shipping & Receiving Specialist - Overnight Shift
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
Accounts Receivable Specialist
BuildZoom, Oklahoma City, OK