Womply is leveling the playing field for American small businesses with proprietary data and next-generation SaaS that helps SMBs get more customers, keep them coming back, and save time every day. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the country, serving over 100,000 small business merchants across 400+ business verticals in every corner of America.
The Data Team at Womply advances the state of our data, and empowers the company to make better decisions from our data. We’re seeking a talented and motivated SData Engineer to lead our team. As the Business Intelligence Engineer Manager, you will hold the keys to the infrastructure that powers our current and future Data Products. Your team of data engineers are helping us build and leverage the latest technologies to tap into our firehose of data to open up new paths for analysis and discovery. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact, and work with extremely talented peers on a fast paced, high energy team.
You will lead your team to deliver large-scale projects, set and drive roadmap execution through resource planning and allocation. Your focus is to help us evolve our data-driven philosophy and become a world-class data organization. Your team owns the design, execution, and ongoing support of critical data warehousing projects enabling accurate reporting and advanced analytics for all of Womply’s internal business units.
You will have to be self-sufficient - we are a startup, so everyone might do a bit of everything to get things done. We look for people who take pride in their work, execute on it, and deliver phenomenal results.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Vision - Your and your team will leverage our data foundation to design and implement innovative solutions to our hardest data problems
- Execution - Building and maintaining the data pipelines from various data sources, while maintaining high accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Feedback & Development - You see people’s strengths and weaknesses and are both gifted and courageous in talking with them about it; you motivate and train your team to be the best version of themselves
- Partnership - You establish strong relationships with business and technical leaders across the organization
You must have:
- Must have "Hands-On" coding experience as a Lead or Manager
- 3-8 years in software engineering
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Architecting Pipelines, and Data Modeling
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to understand and question the data
- Healthy Skepticism to challenge the status quo so we can improve
- Technically proficient in:
- Languages - Python / Scala / SQL / Bash
- Technologies - Snowflake, AWS, Airflow
Nice to Have:
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. We work hard and push each other to be the best, but we also have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you want to win and make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in San Francisco and Lehi, Utah for engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.
About us Womply is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider to small and medium businesses and one of the fastest growing software companies in America. Our mission is to use technology and data to grow, protect, and simplify small business. Every day we serve over 100,000 merchants, across 400+ business verticals, in every corner of America.