Business Development Representative
Who We Are:
WorkMarket is the great enabler for the modern work experience. We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Our backers are among the world's best including Accenture, Union Square Ventures and Foundry Group. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com.
What We Do:
WorkMarket's cloud-based software automates work so that companies can scale a flexible workforce---across full-time employees, freelancers, robotics and everything in between - to dramatically improve productivity and transform their operating model. We are pioneering the modern work experience powered by big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
WorkMarket is recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies, by Deloitte as a Top 500 Tech Company and as a Top NYC Tech Employer.
The Opportunity: Labor is the next big cloud revolution and Work Market provides the software to help companies “uberize” their business. Enterprise companies have made the shift to the cloud for their infrastructure (i.e. AWS), core software (i.e Salesforce), and now are aggressively pursuing their workforce (i.e uber).
- Best of the Best Investors - i.e Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures
- Amazing reference customers - Our customers are our best lead source
- Proven Enterprise grade product - used by fortune 100 companies
- Amazing Management team - proven success in taking ideas to IPO or Successful acquisition
- Great press coverage - Click here CEO Stephen Dewitt on the future of on-demand labor
- Great culture - built on trust, respect, and accountability; our employees are seasoned & driven
- Attractive Compensation Plan - No caps, no territories (named account focus)
We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com.
The role of a Business Development Representative: responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management which results in qualified opportunities and closed business.
We are seeking a high-energy, competitive, driven individual with strong technical proficiency. Ideal candidates for this role should be experienced, tenacious hunters eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be persistent self-starters.
- Work closely with sales & marketing teams to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive qualified opportunities
- Research and build new accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Manage, track, and report all data/activities in Salesforce CRM
- Participate in trade shows, conferences, and events that provide lead generation
- Maintain knowledge of Work Market, competitive positioning and industry trends
- Minimum of 1-3 years of outbound sales prospecting/outbound cold calling and lead generation experience
- Strong technical proficiency, research, opportunity qualification, and overcoming objection skills
- Persistent and professional phone skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong time management with good organizational skills
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing and/or relevant work experience preferred
Our Company, Our Promise Our Mission To build the modern work market, a frictionless exchange between businesses and skilled professionals. We promise to deliver great tools and empowering experiences that unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth.
Want to learn more about WorkMarket? Visit WorkMarket's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Business Development Representative - Benelux
Brand Ambassador - Outside Sales for Santa Ana
HelloFresh, USA - Santa Ana, CA
Regional Director, Bay Area
MongoDB, Palo Alto or San Francisco
Business Development Manager
Account Executive, Enterprise (Swedish)
Slack, Dublin, Ireland