Director, Tech Product Marketing
Who We Are:
WorkMarket has set out to build a brighter future for work. Partnering with innovation leaders like Accenture and ServiceNow, WorkMarket helps enterprises transform their operations from the cloud up, opening a new world of productivity and profitability. By focusing on the fusion of an agile workforce and work automation technology, WorkMarket’s cloud-based software sets new standards for modern competitiveness. From enterprises looking to achieve more with less, to highly skilled independent professionals seeking compelling contract work, the WorkMarket platform streamlines management for an agile workforce. Learn more at www.workmarket.com and developer.workmarket.com.
About the Role
WorkMarket is looking for an experienced product marketer to drive packaging of our software and services. The Director of Product Marketing will serve as a senior member of the marketing organization, responsible for shaping the end-to-end product experience including use case development, pricing, messaging, experiential assets (eg demos, videos, collateral), release go-to-market and ongoing insights for the product development team. This leader will work in partnership across the organization as well as with external partners including Accenture to define the packaging and go to market strategy for WorkMarket’s complete solution.
- Manage the planning, execution, post-launch follow-up and measurement of all buyer- and user-facing communications and assets for new product releases, major features and new product launches (factsheets, brochures, demo videos and scripts, pitch decks, blog posts, webinars, emails, newsletters, screenshot animations).
- Train sales and client teams to win with core product, positioned effectively against target personas, use cases, and needs. This will include development of product collateral, FAQs, objection handling docs, scripts, etc.
- Champion clear, compelling, relevant product positioning and value messaging that addresses specific client personas and needs. Focus on three industry use cases: IT (IT Service Management), Retail (Field Operations) and Media and on 3 integration partners: ServiceNow, Workday, Accenture. Scope includes product messaging, pricing structure (in collaboration with sales/finance), ROI/value packaging, asset development and champion execution with internal teams.
- Develop a marketplace narrative around our product roadmap that frames our release schedule in impactful, solution/benefit-oriented stories. Communicate in a steady cadence of high-visibility WorkMarket product and services communications and assets.
- Lead the building/maintaining of buyer and user personas with Product. This leader will need to be an expert on our buyers, why and how they purchase, their key KPIs for success in their organization, budget authority, etc.
- Lead development of competitive positioning for the product including conducting competitive intelligence (matrix, SWOT, etc.) to inform points of differentiation. This leader will be an expert on our competitors and integration partners to help our teams articulate what makes our solutions uniquely suited to the needs of our buyers.
- Lead planning meetings with marketing colleagues, CPO, CRO, VP Solutions Engineering, product teams, sales executives, partners and customers to define compelling product marketing and go-to-market positioning/messaging and organize engaging programs in collaboration with marketing.
- Execute product marketing priorities in collaboration with members of the Marketing team across Demand Gen Brand, WM.com and other areas.
- Research, identify and activate (through sales and client teams) opportunities to enhance monthly recurring revenue (MRR) leveraging our products and packaging (upsell, cross-sell, etc).
- Drive ongoing revenue activation and engagement programs across our product and feature set (eg ongoing Worker marketing communications, ongoing feature promotion for revenue generating upgrades/options).
- Conduct virtual product demonstrations, evangelize products at conferences, and host product and thought-leadership webinars for current and prospective clients.
- Deliver tactical communication needs for product teams particularly release notes (eg new features as well as bug fixes).
Skills and Requirements
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS
- Excellent understanding and a strong track-record in packaging -- use case identification/alignment, positioning, pricing, technical experiential demonstration of software, strong design aesthetic and solid communication skills.
- Strong command of the enterprise technology landscape -- deep understanding of Workday, ServiceNow, Salesforce, SAP, as well as integrators including Accenture.
- Proven success with compelling packaging and messaging.
- Well developed technical skills for creating sales assets including video and screencast creation/editing, hosting/streaming of videos, embedding in emails, basic web content management skills
- Client-first mindset -- connects client benefits to features and capabilities
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, balancing strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- BA/BS required
Our Company, Our Promise Our Mission To build the modern work market, a frictionless exchange between businesses and skilled professionals. We promise to deliver great tools and empowering experiences that unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth.
Want to learn more about WorkMarket? Visit WorkMarket's website.
Jobs You May Like
Email Marketing Manager
TaskRabbit, San Francisco
Consumer Marketing Manager
Program Manager, Ride Experience - Amp (Contract)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Coordinator, Global Creative Marketing International Originals
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Intern, Fall 2018 Marketing Communications
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA