Senior Search Engineer
We are looking for a top Senior Search Engineer to play a leading role in our development team
Who We Are:
What we do?
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio. Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Extend innovative search platform that will be seen by millions of customers everyday.
- Develop high performance distributed services and systems for search and discovery
- Explore and implement new signals and features with massive data at Work Market
- Create tools for experimenting and evaluating new search and recommendation algorithms
- Improve reliability, scalability, efficiency and latency of servers and process
- 5+ years of Java Experience
- Experience using Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch
- Experience building search platforms and leading a small team
- Expert in search engines, information retrieval and NLP.
- Experience building scalable, high performing distributed systems
- Proficiency in one or more dynamic scripting language
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development methodology.
- Unit Test oriented software development with good programming skills is a must
- Continuous integration/deployment/testing experience with build technologies such as Maven, Git and deployment using Jenkins or Puppet
Nice to have:
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience with cloud-based enterprise SaaS platforms and architectures
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS or another cloud service
- MS degree in Computer Science
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Our Company, Our Promise Our Mission To build the modern work market, a frictionless exchange between businesses and skilled professionals. We promise to deliver great tools and empowering experiences that unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth.
Want to learn more about WorkMarket? Visit WorkMarket's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (Front-end)
Studio Information Security Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Services Engagement Manager (New York, NY)
Okta, New York, NY
Compliance Manager - Bank
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA