Technical Lead - 451-19
World IT Solutions, San Diego CA, US
WITS Simplifies your Active Duty to Civilian Transition
We are seeking a Technical Lead to join our team in San Diego, CA.
- Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes.
- Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
- Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters.
- Prepares system documentation.
- Conforms to security and quality standards.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Participates as a member of, and leads, cross-functional development teams.
- Leads design of complex cross- functional solutions for others to develop.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to developers.
- Sets team strategy and direction; represents team to senior management and clients.
- Develops innovative multi-team solutions to complex problems.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Significant time is spent in strategic and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrates broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction; exerts influence outside of immediate team and drives change.
- Applies in-depth or broad, technical knowledge to support global areas or functions.
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to highly complex software solutions, while driving innovation. Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and clients.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
- Mentors others in the technology community; may publish or otherwise engage professionally outside of the company
- Must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screenings.
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- More than 10 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Advanced ability to work with Web- development tools for new applications.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies.
- Experience on multiple major full release project life cycles.
- Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins.
- Strong understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Expert in defining quality and security standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management/team leader skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team.
- Strong client and vendor management. skills.
- High level of technical leadership skills.
- Ability to lead agile teams.
World IT Solutions (WITS) is a full-service design, engineering, and consulting firm specializing in the information technology, information assurance, and telecommunications industries. WITS, founded in 2000, provides professional IT architect and design consulting services as well as field engineers and operations and maintenance specialists to meet our military, government, and commercial client needs.
World IT Solutions (WITS) LLC, headquartered in Bowie, MD, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tec-Masters, Inc.
Find more company information at www.witsllc.com.
About World IT Solutions
World Information Technology Solutions, LLC (WITS) is a Minority Owned Small Business that provides a full suite of IT and telecommunications design, build, and operational services. WITS was founded in 2000 by three retired US Navy communications officers, who combined had a total of more than 60-years experience. With a mission to provide exceptional IT and Telecommunications services back to the military and to large corporate clients, they quickly captured contracts to provide engineering and technical support at over 30 military bases between DC and Japan. WITS continues to meet urgent customer demands by providing cleared personnel, with very short notice, anywhere across the globe.
Want to learn more about World IT Solutions? Visit World IT Solutions's website.
Jobs You May Like
TRAACKR, San Francisco CA, US
Federal Technical Account Manager
Confluent, Washington DC, Virginia
Manager, Technology Partners
Domestic Trucking Associate
Flexport, Chicago, IL
Key Account Project Manager - NRW (m/w/x)
Legal & Compliance Associate