Senior Backend Developer
Magically schedule meetings That’s us. That’s all we think about.
Scheduling sucks. x.ai makes ridiculously efficient scheduling software that can handle the meeting scheduling needs of companies big and small, from the Fortune 100 to early-stage startups.
Our software combines its powerful AI assistants with the ability to initiate and modify meetings from wherever you are: email, Slack, your phone, or the calendar itself. All of these components run on a sophisticated AI engine that understands the way our customers like to manage their calendar, no matter which touchpoint they use to schedule.
the x.ai team
Our challenge is not easily tackled by mimicking technology that has come before us. We are building something that’s never been built before, and that means the initiatives you’ll take on will push you to your limits. Everyone on our team relishes our challenge. We help each other and learn from each other.
We have three Core Values we're pretty serious about: we're Forthright, Dogged and Customer Obsessed. Forthright because we believe timely, honest feedback makes us even stronger. Dogged because giving up simply isn't an option. And Customer Obsessed because we stop at nothing to make our customer happy.
We come from different countries, technical backgrounds, welcome teammates across the LGBTQ spectrum, have different personalities and perspectives, and we even employ a couple of non-human animals (Lumi and Rupert). This diversity of background leads to diversity of thought, and we nurture it with conviction.
You are an enthusiastic developer who brings with you the experiences you’ve learned building distributed systems in at least one of your previous roles. You care about the system, not the specific languages or technologies used to build it. You have garnered good judgement and formidable persistence in the face of challenges, always pushing forward to improve the technology in measured steps. You’ve failed and made mistakes, and you’ve learned from those mistakes, giving you invaluable tools for decision making on your future challenges.
As a senior developer, you'll bring with you experience designing complex software and distributed systems. You can improve our cloud infrastructure, improve the way we work, drive technical changes to improve our codebase and systems architecture, and you can mentor and upskill those around you.
You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful group of engineers tackling a very difficult problem.
- Build and deploy highly available services and system components that will stand up to rapid growth in the coming years
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of new features and system components
- Articulate capacity and monitoring plans for the services you work on
- Deliver maintainable, well-tested code
- Partner with, teach and learn from other engineers
- Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI system
- Experience working on distributed systems with 24/7 availability
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties
- Experience building APIs engineers love to use
- Bonus: experience with Functional Programming, Scala, Machine Learning, MongoDB, Node.js, AWS, Docker, Linux/Unix
- Self-managed and flexible paid time off - vacation & sick time
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Six week paid sabbatical after 4 years of tenure
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Gym membership (or activity equivalent) on us
- Team outings, both near and far
- Collaborative work spaces
- Weekly catered team dinners and a steady flow of coffee & beer
- Your own personal assistants, Amy and Andrew
Driven by artificial intelligence and human empathy Founded in 2014, x.ai makes an artificial intelligence personal assistant who schedules meetings for you. We’re backed by blue chip investors, including IA Ventures, Firstmark, and Two Sigma Ventures, and located in New York City. We’re a hardcore technology company, developing invisible software. We build our business sustainably through passionate and loyal customers—and every single team member, scientist or not, has a mission of delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
Want to learn more about x.ai? Visit x.ai's website.
Jobs You May Like
Web Product Engineer
Dashlane, Paris, France
Systems Engineer - Computer Vision/Perception
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Freshly, New York
Teads Connect Intern
Teads, New York
Security Operations Engineer III
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Software Engineer, APIs
Indigo, Boston, MA