Co-op, Software Engineering Intern
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for an intern to help us craft solutions within various engineering teams across XO. Our teams are small, usually staffed at 3-4 engineers, a designer, and a product lead working together in an agile development process to write code for great products that meet users’ demands. In addition to directly contributing to products that meaningfully impact our users, you would have the opportunity to use cutting edge software and cloud technologies and learn from the best through pair programming.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Core understanding of basic data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of web development
- Experience with at least one programming language (prefer Ruby, NodeJS, Python, or similar)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Enrolled in Computer Science/Engineering program or equivalent
- Good communication skills (i.e. Ability to explain problems & solutions to technical and nontechnical people)
- Work closely with product managers and the technical team to identify mission critical features
- Design tests that assert proper functionality of identified features
- Develop features for Ruby on Rails applications/APIs, potentially also utilizing JS frameworks such as Backbone & React
- Pair program with other team members on building new features
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit XO Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Engineer
TripAdvisor, Oxford, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, New York, NY
Systems Engineer I
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
IT Support Technician
Fitbit, Bucharest - Romania
Senior Software Engineer, Search
Business Analyst / ROI/ Modeling - Work Remote
Cloud Technology Partners, Live Anywhere