Enterprise Data Architect
XO Group, New York
XO Group Inc. guides people through life's biggest moments
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE DATA ARCHITECT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Enterprise Data Architect is a highly visible and key cross-functional role that is tasked with ensuring the Tech organization is operating with a data first mentality and that data quality, integrity, consistency, and reliability are core requirements of all software/data systems. The Enterprise Data Architect will develop a detailed knowledge/understanding of the data our systems produce and provide both tactical and strategic direction as it pertains to data management, consumption, and production. This individual must possess the combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide data strategy.
- Champion data quality, integrity, consistency, and reliability throughout the tech organization by defining and promoting best practices and establishing/enforcing data governance across all product squads
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on advanced data techniques, data architecture, and data integration implementations, including the assist and review of logical and physical data models as well as other important data structures (messaging, events, etc.)
- Establish standards and guidelines for the design and development, tuning/optimization, and deployment of persistence technologies
- Partner with the data warehousing group, product analytics, and business intelligence to ensure their data needs are being met
- Develop specific metrics (KPIs) to assess data quality/consistency and measures/reports on these metrics periodically
- Works with the security architect to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- Several years of experience being responsible for data architecture on an enterprise-wide scale
- Extensive experience modeling and implementing operational systems (transactional systems)
- Expert knowledge and experience with both structured and semi-structured data and persistent storage systems, including both SQL based and flexible schema systems (notably PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch)
- Experience working with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence systems. Experience in multi-dimensional modeling and developing star schemas, normalized and denormalized models, and utilizing “slow-changing” dimensions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and establish strategic objectives, project plans, and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different functional areas. Can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses strong consensus building abilities and negotiating skills
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you'll like a lot! Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers, learning events, and a mentor program.
Things you'll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
About XO Group
XO Group Inc. helps people navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments, together. Our family of multi-platform brands guide people through transformative lifestages, from getting married to moving in together and having a baby. Our brands include The Knot, the number one wedding planning resource and marketplace, The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents and parents-to-be, and The Nest, the go-to guide for all things home for new couples.
Want to learn more about XO Group? Visit http://xogroupinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Business Strategy Manager
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Director of Data Science
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Research Scientist Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Business Solution Architect (Japan)
Domain Expert, Japanese
Business Intelligence Analyst
Bonobos, New York, NY